Author Topic: Study: Stock market to crash due to looming “carbon bubble”  (Read 930 times)

Offline Joe Wooten

Another example of wishful thinking among the enviroweenies....

From the UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE and the “peak carbon” department, comes this gloom and doom study which is just a thinly veiled “divest from fossil fuels now” strategy like the one Bill McKibben and 350.org keeps pushing.

‘Carbon bubble’ coming that could wipe trillions from the global economy — study

Fossil fuel stocks have long been a safe financial bet. With the International Energy Agency projecting price rises until 2040, and governments prevaricating or rowing back on the Paris Agreement, investor confidence is set to remain high.

However, new research suggests that the momentum behind technological change in the global power and transportation sectors will lead to a dramatic decline in demand for fossil fuels in the near future.

More at: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/06/study-stock-market-to-crash-due-to-looming-carbon-bubble/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Seems like they have plans for this.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A complete and utter hoax.

Wishing away what has driven our prosperity over the last century is absolute madness.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington