Author Topic: Coca-Cola bottler to build $250M facility in Houston  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Coca-Cola bottler to build $250M facility in Houston
« on: June 04, 2018, 02:58:42 pm »
Houston Business Journal By Olivia Pulsinelli 5/31/2018

Dallas-based Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages, a subsidiary of Mexico-based Coca-Cola bottler Arca Continental, will build a new production and distribution facility in Houston.

The facility will be nearly 1 million square feet, and the project will cost about $250 million, according to a press release. It will be the first Coca-Cola production plant built in the U.S. in 10 years, per the release. Information about the architect and general contractor was not immediately available.

---Monterrey, Mexico-based Arca Continental acquired Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages in 2017 from Coca-Cola Refreshments, a wholly owned subsidiary of Atlanta-based The Coca-Cola Co. (NYSE: KO), according to the Dallas company’s website. The acquisition made Arca the first Latin American bottler to operate in the U.S. Coca-Cola system, per the release. Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages employs more than 8,900 people across 10 production plants and 40 distribution facilities and serves more than 31 million consumers, per the release.

More: https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/05/31/coca-cola-bottler-to-build-250m-facility-in.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMTWT_HO

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Coca-Cola bottler to build $250M facility in Houston
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 03:28:41 pm »
Houston is probably a good place to do that.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 03:39:57 pm »
Wonder if they'd make it with real sugar instead of plasti-sugar, aka fructose.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 03:48:19 pm »
Wonder if they'd make it with real sugar instead of plasti-sugar, aka fructose.

I wonder, since its a Mexican bottler, if they'll use the Original Coke Formula, like they still do in Mexico.

And in the 6-1/2oz bottles.

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 03:53:37 pm »
I wonder, since its a Mexican bottler, if they'll use the Original Coke Formula, like they still do in Mexico.

And in the 6-1/2oz bottles.

No, this group has been making US style Coca-cola for a while.

In April 2017, Arca Continental acquired Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages (CCSWB), previously a division of Coca-Cola Refreshments, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company.  This commenced Arca Continental as the largest franchise bottler of the Southwest United States.

https://careers.cocacolaswb.com/content/About-Us/?locale=en_US
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 04:01:13 pm »
That's a shame.  I enjoyed getting cases of the 6-1/2 oz cokes whenever I went to Reynosa.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 05:42:24 pm »
That's a shame.  I enjoyed getting cases of the 6-1/2 oz cokes whenever I went to Reynosa.

I understand that you really don't want to go to Reynosa at all now.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 08:06:16 pm »
I understand that you really don't want to go to Reynosa at all now.
When my kids were small, I didn't think twice about letting them go by themselves down the street from my Outlaws to the local stores. I felt they were safer there than many of the neighborhoods in Houston.

I haven't even gone there in many years now. Not safe at all. My Outlaws now live in Pharr, but they still own their house in Reynosa. A SIL lives there. No way would I go visit them there.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 08:23:12 pm »
When my kids were small, I didn't think twice about letting them go by themselves down the street from my Outlaws to the local stores. I felt they were safer there than many of the neighborhoods in Houston.

I haven't even gone there in many years now. Not safe at all. My Outlaws now live in Pharr, but they still own their house in Reynosa. A SIL lives there. No way would I go visit them there.

Same here.  I lived in Pharr many years ago.  It was pretty safe as long as you stayed away from known crossing areas.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 09:08:15 pm »
I remember going to Dublin and buying the Dr Pepper that followed the original recipe, using cane sugar as the sweetener as opposed to high fructose corn syrup.  Well until Dr. Pepper corp sued them.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 01:14:49 pm »
I remember going to Dublin and buying the Dr Pepper that followed the original recipe, using cane sugar as the sweetener as opposed to high fructose corn syrup.  Well until Dr. Pepper corp sued them.
This place still gets their soda from Dublin.
https://ascoopintime.com/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington