Author Topic: Off-duty FBI agent allegedly shot a man accidentally after gun falls on dance floor in Denver bar  (Read 2411 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/02/fbi-mile-high-spirits-shooting/

An off-duty FBI agent allegedly accidentally shot a man in the leg early Saturday after the agent’s gun fell from his holster on the dance floor of Mile High Spirits, according to a Denver police news release.

“The victim was transported to the hospital with a good prognosis,” the news release read.

The name of the agent wasn’t released because he hasn’t been charged, said Marika Putnam, a Denver police spokeswoman.

It fell out when he did a back flip
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/02/fbi-mile-high-spirits-shooting/

An off-duty FBI agent allegedly accidentally shot a man in the leg early Saturday after the agent’s gun fell from his holster on the dance floor of Mile High Spirits, according to a Denver police news release.

“The victim was transported to the hospital with a good prognosis,” the news release read.

The name of the agent wasn’t released because he hasn’t been charged, said Marika Putnam, a Denver police spokeswoman.

It fell out when he did a back flip

How odd the Denver paper would blame the Agent, considering he didn't have it when it went off.  Sounds like the gun really did it this time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

Shall we place bets on whether the agent will be punished in any way?

Offline driftdiver

I've heard about guns going crazy and shooting people by themselves.  Never saw it before though.  Hmmm

Offline Frank Cannon

The picture of this drunk idiot picking it up by the trigger is hysterical. Very similar to the dumb Fed who left his gun on the tank of a public toilet after he took a dump.

Offline driftdiver

The picture of this drunk idiot picking it up by the trigger is hysterical. Very similar to the dumb Fed who left his gun on the tank of a public toilet after he took a dump.

Those darn glocks

Offline RoosGirl

Those darn glocks

I will have to remember not to do any backflips while wearing IWB.

Anyway, that guy should be arrested for his dancing with additional charges for the firearm discharge.

Offline driftdiver

I will have to remember not to do any backflips while wearing IWB.

Anyway, that guy should be arrested for his dancing with additional charges for the firearm discharge.

On top of that he was printing big time.    A rufus

But hey hes FBI.  So we know hes not gonna pay for it.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Victoria33

Offline Suppressed

Shall we place bets on whether the agent will be punished in any way?

A supervisory special agent acquaintance of mine got punished for a far lesser offense with his sidearm.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

I recall the cop hanging his 1911 (by the trigger guard) on the stall hook, where it went off and proceeded to spin around and empty the magazine as each recoil bounced it into the trigger again.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline RoosGirl

A supervisory special agent acquaintance of mine got punished for a far lesser offense with his sidearm.

How long ago was that?

Offline Victoria33

I recall the cop hanging his 1911 (by the trigger guard) on the stall hook, ...
@Cyber Liberty
@Suppressed

We are traveling in the northeastern states.  Yesterday, we stopped for gas and Bob went to the restroom.  He went into a stall, and saw a loaded pistol in a holster on top of the toilet paper container.  He checked to see if the safety was on and it was.  He went to the cashier and told the man he needed to come with him right now to the restroom.  On the way to the restroom the man asked what was wrong.  Bob told him there was a loaded gun in there.  The man freaked out, turned an ashen color and was scared to death.  He stopped outside the door and said Bob could not go in.  The man opened the door and yelled, "Is anyone in here?!"  He told Bob to stand guard at the door while he went in.  He went in the saw the gun, came back out and locked the door. 

The man went to get the manager, a woman.  She was calm and picked up the phone and called the cops.  Bob left, came to the car and told me and said let's go before the cops get here and before the owner of the gun might come back when he realized his gun was gone.  We left.  Men, never leave your gun in the men's room or the women's room if you happen to feel like a woman that day.

Offline RoosGirl

@Cyber Liberty
@Suppressed

We are traveling in the northeastern states.  Yesterday, we stopped for gas and Bob went to the restroom.  He went into a stall, and saw a loaded pistol in a holster on top of the toilet paper container.  He checked to see if the safety was on and it was.  He went to the cashier and told the man he needed to come with him right now to the restroom.  On the way to the restroom the man asked what was wrong.  Bob told him there was a loaded gun in there.  The man freaked out, turned an ashen color and was scared to death.  He stopped outside the door and said Bob could not go in.  The man opened the door and yelled, "Is anyone in here?!"  He told Bob to stand guard at the door while he went in.  He went in the saw the gun, came back out and locked the door. 

The man went to get the manager, a woman.  She was calm and picked up the phone and called the cops.  Bob left, came to the car and told me and said let's go before the cops get here and before the owner of the gun might come back when he realized his gun was gone.  We left.  Men, never leave your gun in the men's room or the women's room if you happen to feel like a woman that day.

I wear IWB.  I do not understand men having to remove their pistol to sit down.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Agent Plaxico Burress
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Whatever happened to keeping your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot?

Basic rules keep firearms safe.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

Whatever happened to keeping your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot?

You, sir, are obviously unfamiliar with The Forbidden Dance.

Offline roamer_1

Basic rules keep firearms safe.

Yeah... Like maybe making sure your holster is back-flip-proof in the first place...

Offline edpc

Yeah... Like maybe making sure your holster is back-flip-proof in the first place.

Gymnastics and Kydex don’t mix.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah... Like maybe making sure your holster is back-flip-proof in the first place...
Actually, I really make an effort to NOT do back-flips when I'm packing. It doesn't always work out, but for the most part, it has.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

And keep your booger hook out of the banger hole until you're ready to blast.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:05:50 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Actually, I really make an effort to NOT do back-flips when I'm packing. It doesn't always work out, but for the most part, it has.

Yeah, me too. Last time I did a back-flip with a firearm was shortly after I stepped on that wolverine. But I was shooting at the time, and screaming like a woman. And I consider that an unusual circumstance.  :shrug: That event produced an array of gymnastic moves combined with live fire... But I would submit to you, that while a necessity in my mind, it should not be considered normal usage, nor any sort of art form.  **nononono*

Offline roamer_1

And keep your booger hook out of the banger hole until you're ready to blast.

Booger hooks in various holes seem to be a downfall for men, generally...  :shrug: