Author Topic: Obama – Just Too Good for Us... By Maureen Dowd  (Read 2293 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Obama – Just Too Good for Us... By Maureen Dowd
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 07:13:32 pm »
Probably right, @Bigun.  Hey - how are you feeling?

I'm fine other than the entirely unexpected numbness in my right hand due to being restrained in one position for more than 12.5 hours on the operating table.  That is taking it's time clearing up but is doing so.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2018, 07:33:34 pm »
It would appear that America simply did not deserve all of the manifold gifts bestowed upon us by a man so dignified, so refined, and so forward-thinking, a man beloved of governing, academic and cultural elites across the globe and from the East Coast of America clear over to the West Coast, not including the three thousand or so meaniningless miles in between, of course.

Oh, well. As Captain America said to Billy the Kid as they headed out on their choppers for one last ride: "We blew it, man".

Maureen, seriously: get a grip. Reality is nowhere to be found in Hollywood or the Hamptons. Those are places people go to escape reality; to mingle only with people who dream the same dreams and congratulate each other on their ability to care so deeply that it hurts.

And believe you me, ma'am, after eight years of Obama, it hurt a hell of a lot.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2018, 07:33:58 pm »
I'm fine other than the entirely unexpected numbness in my right hand due to being restrained in one position for more than 12.5 hours on the operating table.  That is taking it's time clearing up but is doing so.

Think a TENS unit might jump-start that?  Of course, patience works.  I saw your messages on Bookface, and I am glad you're doing OK. 

*****doctor
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 07:34:38 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 07:39:25 pm »
Think a TENS unit might jump-start that?  Of course, patience works.  I saw your messages on Bookface, and I am glad you're doing OK. 

*****doctor

Thanks buddy!   I have a follow up with the surgeons on Wednesday and you can be sure that I'm going to be asking plenty of questions along that line.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2018, 07:42:05 pm »
Libs can't openly admit 0bama's flaws, the closest they dare tread is these kinds of backhanded compliments. The first black president must be propped up as a symbol regardless of the lack of substantive merit. 0 himself of course isn't in on the joke, he's blissfully oblivious to the fact that his single lasting "achievement" is paving Trump's way to the white house.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2018, 10:35:34 pm »
Libs can't openly admit 0bama's flaws, the closest they dare tread is these kinds of backhanded compliments. The first black president must be propped up as a symbol regardless of the lack of substantive merit. 0 himself of course isn't in on the joke, he's blissfully oblivious to the fact that his single lasting "achievement" is paving Trump's way to the white house.
Obama was what George McGovern would have been had he been elected in 1972. But the country was too conservative.
Of course, now the country's general political sense is a lot further to the left. That's why a leftist snake like Obama could slither in and claim to be middle of the road.
What I'm saying is even if he were all white, if he would have run in 1972, he would have gotten trounced like McGovern. Remember, Vietnam was an unpopular war just like the Iraq War.
But Americans could smell a leftist back in '72, and McGovern, despite being a WWII war hero, got beaten badly.
Times change. The Dem Party is now becoming even more overtly leftist than when Comrade Barack first ran in 2008.
Can't wait to see the leftist stooge they'll nominate in 2020.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2018, 02:10:14 am »
Hey, I hope you are feeling progressively better.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2018, 02:36:56 am »
Hey, I hope you are feeling progressively better.

Thanks @IsailedawayfromFR.   I definitely am doing just that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien