Author Topic: Obama – Just Too Good for Us... By Maureen Dowd  (Read 2330 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama – Just Too Good for Us... By Maureen Dowd
« on: June 02, 2018, 10:57:49 pm »
Obama – Just Too Good for Us

By Maureen Dowd

Opinion Columnist

June 2, 2018

WASHINGTON — It was a moment of peak Spock.

Hours after the globe-rattling election of a man whom Barack Obama has total disdain for, a toon who would take a chain saw to the former president’s legacy on policy and decency, Obama sent a message to his adviser Ben Rhodes: “There are more stars in the sky than grains of sand on the earth.”

Perhaps Obama should have used a different line with a celestial theme by Shakespeare: “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.”

As president, Obama always found us wanting. We were constantly disappointing him. He would tell us the right thing to do and then sigh and purse his lips when his instructions were not followed.

Shortly after Donald Trump was elected, Rhodes writes in his new book, “The World as It Is,” Obama asked his aides, “What if we were wrong?”

But in his next breath, the president made it clear that what he meant was: What if we were wrong in being so right? What if we were too good for these people?

“Maybe we pushed too far,” the president continued. “Maybe people just want to fall back into their tribe.”

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/02/opinion/sunday/obama-ben-rhodes-world-as-it-is.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Obama – Just Too Good for Us... By Maureen Dowd
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 11:09:32 pm »
There is no other word but deranged.

An impartial look at the facts, what we know for certain already, would convince any reasonable person Obama is the one of the most - if not the most - corrupt individual to occupy the White House.

Not to mention ineffective. Nothing he did - no policy, no EO, no bill he supported - worked as advertised.

Yet true believers like Dowd look at Obama and still see perfection. Totally deranged.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 11:20:43 pm »
Yes hes too good for us.  Just leave us to our pathetic ways.  Well manage somehow
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 11:22:07 pm »
By Maureen Dowd

There is no god but God. Muhammad is the messenger of God.

By Maureen Dowd
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 11:23:34 pm »
Obligatory CZJ Pic for the purist..........

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online rustynail

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 11:35:43 pm »
Thanks for the laugh.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 11:38:13 pm »
:facepalm2:

Worship of another human being is just ugly.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 12:07:32 am »
Maureen, when do you get to the part about what he did? Other than destroying the health care system, that is.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 12:45:22 am »
I seriously thought she was being satirical. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 12:50:01 am »

I thought maybe, too.  Then I remembered the definition of Poe's Law.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2018, 01:03:00 am »
Well, history does repeat itself.

Adolph Hitler also reached the point were he felt the German people weren't worthy of him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2018, 01:05:14 am »

She wasn't?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 01:11:48 am »
She wasn't?

Poor MoDo....  I don't think she ever recovered from her Colorada Cannibis trip 4 years ago.   :silly:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/06/04/maureen-dowd-pot-brownie-twitter/9949991/
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 01:34:27 am »
There is no other word but deranged.

You got that right.   I especially loved this part:

As president, Obama always found us wanting. We were constantly disappointing him. He would tell us the right thing to do and then sigh and purse his lips when his instructions were not followed.

Obama couldn't lead ants to a picnic, much less give instructions.  Obama simply announced to his staff what result he wanted.  If his staff performed flawlessly, giving Obama that result, then Obama took full credit for doing it, and all his followers marveled at his greatness.  But if his staff failed in achieving the desired result, then Obama blamed someone else for blocking his achievement.

Obama was nothing more than a figurehead who signed any bill that Pelosi and Reid put before him.  But to take the initiative and actually lead?  That just isn't part of his makeup.

Twelve years at the University of Chicago, and he couldn't even land an associate professor position.  TWELVE YEARS!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 01:35:17 am »
Obligatory CZJ Pic for the purist..........

Thank you, @catfish1957
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 02:11:02 am »

Isn't telling people what to do rather than persuading them the definition of tyranny?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 02:14:54 am »
Isn't telling people what to do rather than persuading them the definition of tyranny?

Laziness, too.  Obastard was nothing if not shiftless.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 09:36:27 am »
She sure has no concept of foreign policy, the rise of ISIS.

Even this with Libya, I heard someone say, even if we made a peace deal with NK assuring the leaders' well being, what's to stop the Democrats from discarding that, should they ever come back into power.

And during Obama's reign, I think mainly in 2014, that summer, we'd hear about the terrible things happening in Iraq and Syria...and I know a lot of people wanted us to go to stop the atrocities.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 12:22:28 pm »

Obama couldn't lead ants to a picnic, much less give instructions.  Obama simply announced to his staff what result he wanted.  If his staff performed flawlessly, giving Obama that result, then Obama took full credit for doing it, and all his followers marveled at his greatness.  But if his staff failed in achieving the desired result, then Obama blamed someone else for blocking his achievement.

Obama was nothing more than a figurehead who signed any bill that Pelosi and Reid put before him.  But to take the initiative and actually lead?  That just isn't part of his makeup.

Twelve years at the University of Chicago, and he couldn't even land an associate professor position.  TWELVE YEARS!

I like your style and language.

Warmest,
Al

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2018, 12:30:27 pm »
I thought the same thing.  The same person who regularly snapped at an amoral but not nearly as leftist president, Bill Clinton, places a halo on the head of one most divisive, racial arsonists ever to occupy the WH.
I kept waiting for the  snarky comment that never came. Maybe it's too much after-hours Chivas Regal.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2018, 06:45:19 pm »
She sure has no concept of foreign policy, the rise of ISIS.

Even this with Libya, I heard someone say, even if we made a peace deal with NK assuring the leaders' well being, what's to stop the Democrats from discarding that, should they ever come back into power.

And during Obama's reign, I think mainly in 2014, that summer, we'd hear about the terrible things happening in Iraq and Syria...and I know a lot of people wanted us to go to stop the atrocities.
Wish you would stop flying around the world with statements that do not amount to anything.  No one can follow you.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2018, 06:51:54 pm »
And I guess you were just too good for Michael Douglas, eh Mo?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2018, 06:59:18 pm »

@Sanguine

She's not smart enough to do that.  Not even close.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2018, 07:02:24 pm »
@Sanguine

She's not smart enough to do that.  Not even close.

Probably right, @Bigun.  Hey - how are you feeling?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 07:09:53 pm »
I like Satire. I know satire when I read it. That POS drivel she banged out on her Apple Note was not satire.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."