Author Topic: Reverend Austin Miles: Behind the pageantry of The Tomb of The Unknown Soldier  (Read 368 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Behind the pageantry of The Tomb of The Unknown Soldier
By Rev. Austin Miles
May 30, 2018

The nation took this past weekend to remember all the young men and women in military service who died serving our country. I have conducted many Memorial Day services over the years and still feel the impact every time I do.

And I shed some quiet tears each time. I am an army veteran, having served during the Korean Conflict. My company was exposed to Mustard Gas.

That is a horrible experience. It is like a blow torch scalding through every gut in your body. Two young soldiers died right next to me. The rest of the company died within a short time of their discharge. I was the only one in my company who survived. And I've fought severe health problems ever since.

Read more at:  http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/miles/180531

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
6. What are the physical traits of the guard limited to?

... Other requirements of the Guard: They must commit 2 years of life to guard the tomb, live in a barracks under the tomb, and cannot drink any alcohol on or off duty for the rest of their lives.

Moved to Military Forum, this is a must-read for many. Not exactly, an editorial.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 08:54:34 am by TomSea »