Author Topic: Sears is closing 63 stores as sales tumble — here's the full list  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Only buy tools from Harbor Freight if you don't really plan on using them more than once.

Meh,

Read the reviews. Some are good, some are not. Some of the tools I've bought there have treated me quite well over the years.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Those are once and done tools which is fine if you are going to do a ball joint on a car once a decade, but beyond that forget it.

Offline RoosGirl

If I wanted cheap Made In China tools I'd buy Craftsman from Sears.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@RoosGirl

I don't know about the current production,but Craftsman tools were build to be as sturdy as anyone else's tools back when I was still buying handtools.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Lol.. harbor freight... For when you absolutely, positively don't give a single damn about finishing the job. I've gotten paint brushes from there before that fell apart.

Offline Frank Cannon

Some of their hand tools and all of their industrial tools are still made in the US.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Lol.. harbor freight... For when you absolutely, positively don't give a single damn about finishing the job. I've gotten paint brushes from there before that fell apart.

I generally get my hand tools from harbor freight and power tools from home depot. The hand tools seem to hold up.  :shrug:

I buy a mixture of tools from a variety of source, both foreign and domestic.

Online corbe

@mountaineer

I did check the paper the next couple of days and nobody was found dead in the movie theater,so I guess he managed to survive. I am still undecided if that was a good thing or not,though. I have no doubt that somebody will have to kill  him sooner or later,and the only question is how much damage he will do before somebody turns his lights out for good.

I am thinking he was probably a little more cautious about running his mouth at old honkies after that,though.

That was funny as shit @sneakypete, Thanks for reliving those memories.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I generally get my hand tools from harbor freight and power tools from home depot. The hand tools seem to hold up.  :shrug:

I buy a mixture of tools from a variety of source, both foreign and domestic.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I'm sure most of the hand tools work fine for occasional homeowner use,but they are NOT made from quality material,and will not hold up for hobbiest or professional use long enough to justify their expense because the purchase price has to be added to the quality tool you end up replacing it with.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!