Author Topic: Byron York: What Glenn Simpson said about that 'human source' inside the Trump campaign  (Read 355 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Byron York: What Glenn Simpson said about that 'human source' inside the Trump campaign
by Byron York
 | May 30, 2018 10:33 PM

Although his questioners at the time didn't know what he was talking about, Fusion GPS chief Glenn Simpson raised eyebrows on Aug. 22, 2017, when he told Senate Judiciary Committee investigators that the FBI had a "human source" inside the Trump campaign.

It's still not clear what Simpson meant. Was he referring to Stefan Halper, now recognized as an FBI informant who tried to insinuate himself into the campaign? Or was it someone else? Congressional investigators still don't know. But in light of the attention paid to Halper, it's still worth going over precisely what Simpson said last year.

Simpson was talking to investigators about Christopher Steele, the former British spy Simpson retained to produce what became known as the Trump dossier. Steele had contacts within the FBI from previous work, and Simpson told interviewers that at the height of the campaign Steele met with FBI officials in Rome.

"At some point I learned that [Steele] was meeting with the lead FBI guy from Rome," Simpson said. "I don't remember when he told me that."

"And did you have a name associated with who that was?" investigators asked.

"Not at that time." [It was later reported that Steele actually met with four FBI officials, some of whom had come from the U.S. to talk to Steele.]

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/what-glenn-simpson-said-about-that-human-source-inside-the-trump-campaign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34