Author Topic: Dear Democrats, Donald Trump Actually Loves This Country  (Read 589 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Dear Democrats, Donald Trump Actually Loves This Country
« on: May 29, 2018, 10:53:25 am »
Dear Democrats, Donald Trump Actually Loves This Country
Townhall, May 27, 2018, Kevin McCullough

She looked me straight in the eye. Without even a moment’s hesitation she said it.  “I don’t think,” she said shaking her head slowly, even contemplatively back and forth, side to side. “I don’t think he did this because he loves his country.”  “Then why did he?” I asked. She had no answer.

<snip>

Is it possible that Democrats, Resisters & Never-Trumpers actually believe he doesn’t love his country?

Given the idealogical differences Trump opposers have with Trump supporters it’s probably an idea that gets lost. Yet answer yourself a few questions. Why does he rail on government corruption? Why does he insist on an American first foreign policy? Why does he push the idea of punishing countries who have disrupted our ability to produce our goods? Why does he desire to see NFL players respect the anthem and flag? Why does he want Constitutional judges on our nation’s courts? Why does he want everyone in America to have a job, lower taxes, and more income?

You can disagree with his strategies to arrive at any number of goals, but of the goals he’s stated, the intent he’s aiming at, how can any of it be defined as anything other than someone who’s attempting to help his country be it’s best?

Read more:  https://townhall.com/columnists/kevinmccullough/2018/05/27/dear-democrats-donald-trump-actually-loves-this-country-n2484769

Oceander

Re: Dear Democrats, Donald Trump Actually Loves This Country
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 11:00:06 am »
He doesn’t love it any more or less than your typical democrat does.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 11:22:41 am »
Of course he does. The country elected him as its leader, and there's nothing Trump loves more than himself.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 11:49:03 am »
Of course he does. The country elected him as its leader, and there's nothing Trump loves more than himself.

Does you knee hurt when it jerks like this? 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 12:45:20 pm »

I think his Vietnam deferment record pretty much sums up his country vs. DJT love issue.

Not saying he doesn't, but it's at least No. 2 -10.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:45:58 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 02:25:00 pm »
Any comments on the actual article .... or is this just another excuse to huff?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 06:30:57 pm »
Any comments on the actual article .... or is this just another excuse to huff?

I didn't actually read the entire article, and I am not a huge fan of President Donald Trump, but anyone actually paying attention to what is going on around them can clearly see that he has demonstrated some patriotism.

I was very moved and brought to tears watching his pre-innauguration and inauguration festivities because of the patriotism that was displayed. I can't say that about "W" and certainly not about Bammy.

He has been trying to build the wall and curtail illegal immigration and he has run up against the idiot RINO's in his own party.  He has made progress over in the Middle East; Iran and Israel in particular and he's made some headway in N. Korea. 

He took issue and spoke out when the idiot NFL players refused to honor the flag and national anthem and instead knelt in protest!  Protest of what??  I don't give a darn what or who you may be mad at, but when the flag is flying and our national anthem is playing, you show respect, you don't kneel.

He has always saluted the flag, honored our vets and has showed respect for this country.  He certainly hasn't apologized for this country.

I believe DJT to be a patriot.  Those that can't see it, open your eyes.  Like the guy or not, he's shown a lot of patriotism.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 06:48:33 pm »
He doesn’t love it any more or less than your typical democrat does.

Correct.  The current political wars are driven by the conceit that the other side is the enemy that doesn't love America like "our side" does.

That's poisonous to civil discourse,  and ultimately to the American Experiment itself.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 01:39:08 am »
I gauge a persons love for the country by their respect for the Constitution.  Certainly he hasn't been the first and probably not the last to believe he can override the Constitution.  We still have quite a way to go in the Presidents term.  I won't say he loves or doesn't love the country.  I suspect that he has his own agenda just like Obama did.  Some people will be happy with it and other will put him to the Constitutional test.

Politics is a dirty business.  Corruption is rampant and I suspect Trump isn't a Saint.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 01:41:50 am »
We don't actually know what he loves or doesn't love. His entire life is positioning a marketing position of himself for the audience of the day. He may love this country more than his children, he may love what it gives him. Or, he may scoff at how easy it is to manipulate.