Author Topic: The Democrats’ Menendez Problem  (Read 289 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Democrats’ Menendez Problem
« on: May 28, 2018, 02:21:46 pm »
   The Democrats’ Menendez Problem
By Jonathan S. Tobin

May 26, 2018 6:00 AM

Corruption charges and liberal antipathy to the New Jersey senator may help sink a blue wave in November.

Anger about President Donald Trump could set off a blue wave throughout the country that would enable the Democrats to take back Congress in November. But although the Trump factor might be fueling Democratic enthusiasm and discouraging some Republicans, the problem with such overarching narratives is that sometimes local and personal factors are more important than national issues in deciding individual elections. That’s why a Republican has a fighting chance of stealing a supposedly safe Democratic Senate seat in blue New Jersey this fall.

Going into 2018, the Senate electoral map gave Democrats a lot to worry about, with several incumbents facing reelection in red states carried in 2016 by Donald Trump and relatively few GOP seats up for grabs. Though the Democrats’ prospects have improved, with seats in Arizona and Tennessee suddenly looking competitive after Jeff Flake and Bob Corker, respectively, decided not to run for reelection, their chances of taking back the Senate still depend on virtually running the table in all the tossup races. But no one thought Senator Robert Menendez’s New Jersey seat was anything but a safe bet that Democrats could take for granted while they battled to hold on elsewhere.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/bob-menendez-problem-for-new-jersey-democrats-midterms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Concerned

Re: The Democrats’ Menendez Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 01:42:57 am »
I fully expect the vast majority of those 46% who are supposedly undecided will break for Menendez come November.  I suspect Menendez will win by double digits.  I'll be voting for Hugin, but I just can't see him winning in NJ.  Sure hope I'm wrong.

@Freya
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.