Author Topic: The Rules for a Long and Happy Life  (Read 327 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The Rules for a Long and Happy Life
« on: May 28, 2018, 02:06:41 pm »
The most important ingredient of a long, happy, and successful life is self-discipline.

You also need to develop resilience and tenacity.  Without these three things, your life will likely be poor, short, and unhappy.  I received them in Marine Corps Boot Camp, Parris Island, in 1964.  If you lack the fortitude or foresight to serve in the military, you need to get them someplace else.

Discipline yourself to maintain a normal weight.  Obesity is the second largest cause of premature death.

Discipline yourself to get regular exercise.  You'll feel better and live longer.

The most valuable thing you can own is a good reputation.
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/05/the_rules_for_a_long_and_happy_life.html
Very wise comments.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: The Rules for a Long and Happy Life
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 04:34:49 pm »
Very wise comments.

Those are all very wise.  For me the key is the Words of God:

Deuteronomy 5:16
'Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be prolonged and that it may go well with you on the land which the LORD your God gives you.

Deuteronomy 5:33
"You shall walk in all the way which the LORD your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you, and that you may prolong your days in the land which you will possess.

Psalm 128:2
When you shall eat of the fruit of your hands, You will be happy and it will be well with you.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.