Author Topic: Report: Some “star” players consider sitting out until Kaepernick, Reid have jobs  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Applewood

Report: Some “star” players consider sitting out until Kaepernick, Reid have jobs

As noted here last week, the adjustment to the national anthem policy should remove any impediment to the employment of quarterback Colin Kaepernick and safety Eric Reid, since neither will be able to kneel during the national anthem. Some players reportedly have come to the same conclusion.

Shaun King, an independent reporter who has had several anthem-related stories in recent months, contends that "several NFL stars have told me they are considering sitting out the season until the de facto ban of Eric Reid and Colin Kaepernick is removed and both men are given spots back on rosters.”

King also claims that the unnamed “star” players hope to get 25 percent of all players to sit out with them.

Excerpt.  More at:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/27/report-some-star-players-consider-sitting-out-until-kaepernick-reid-have-jobs/

Offline Applewood

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Shaun "White Like Me" King?  There is a real creditable source.  Was Rachel d'Nozel involved in the reporting also?

:smokin:

Seriously.  If there is one thing I know about the majority of the NFL kneegoers, they can't afford to miss a paycheck.  Between the bling bought on credit bills and multiple court ordered baby momma monthly support payments it's hard to live the thug life.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This would be Great news, if it was true. I do not believe it is.

With these players gone that would force 'churn'. New fascinating players who obey the rules would take their place immediately. And that would be nothing but fun.

I say, let the old-timers go. It's time to shake things up.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Shaun "White Like Me" King?  There is a real creditable source.  Was Rachel d'Nozel involved in the reporting also?

:smokin:

Seriously.  If there is one thing I know about the majority of the NFL kneegoers, they can't afford to miss a paycheck.  Between the bling bought on credit bills and multiple court ordered baby momma monthly support payments it's hard to live the thug life.

Yeah.  Not a very credible source for this story, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if some players might think this is a good idea.  These players might have a college degree, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are smart, especially when it comes to money.

Offline Lando Lincoln

These virtuous players really impressed me with their organized protests during the offseason.  Oh, there weren't any?  Never mind. 

There is no way they will pull this stunt.  It would be a Fool's Errand Supreme.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"Consider." Then decide it isn't worth sacrificing their only viable source for anything close to the kind of money they make.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They might have a little credibility if they included Tim Tebow in their list.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Doesn't make any difference to me one way or the other as I have turned off the NFL permanently for its ingrained political, not sports nature.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

They might have a little credibility if they included Tim Tebow in their list.
@Sanguine

Tim Tebow has a job.   He's playing for the Binghamton Rumble Ponies.  I'm planning to go see him play in a few weeks.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Tim Tebow has a job.   He's playing for the Binghamton Rumble Ponies.  I'm planning to go see him play in a few weeks.

OK, what is a Rumble Pony?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online mountaineer

Speaking of Shaun "the Lizzie Warren of fake black men" King:
Facebook Cofounder’s Wife Bankrolls BLM Activist Shaun King’s PAC
Real Justice PAC is targeting district attorney races across the country in an attempt to overhaul criminal justice system
BY: Joe Schoffstall   
May 29, 2018 4:50 pm

The wife of a Facebook cofounder has provided a bulk of the funding to a political action committee that was co-founded by Black Lives Matter (BLM) activist Shaun King to target district attorney races across the country in an attempt to "fight structural racism."

Liberal activists and entities, such as billionaire George Soros and the Color of Change PAC, have quietly flooded local district attorney races across the country with cash and organizational support in an attempt to overhaul the criminal justice system by electing far-left DAs.  ...

The PAC's first backer was Cari Tuna, the wife of Dustin Moskovitz, a cofounder of Facebook alongside Mark Zuckerberg. Tuna cut a $653,480 check to the committee's independent expenditure account on Feb. 3, 2017, by far the most that has been given to the PAC for its activities, filings show. ...
More at Free Beacon
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
More of that "transformation" at work.

I wonder why her check was for $653,480 exactly?  Odd amount.