Author Topic: Trump vows to block immigration bill if wall not included (Says it’s time to get the whole package)  (Read 666 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump vows to block immigration bill if wall not included (Says it’s time to get the whole package)

05/25/2018 / By News Editors

(Article by Joe Jankowski republished from InfoWars.com)

“Unless it includes a wall, and I mean a wall, a real wall, and unless it includes very strong border security, there’ll be no approvals from me. Because I have to either approve it or not,” the President said in a Fox News interview that aired on Thursday.

http://www.conservative.news/2018-05-25-trump-vows-to-block-immigration-bill-if-wall-not-included-says-its-time-to-get-the-whole-package.html

And I am holding him to his word.  If he caves believe me I am going to be on it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

What on Earth makes President Trump believe he will get any immigration bill, much less one he likes?

Does he believe the rats are unwilling to screw the Dreamers?  He can't possibly be that dumb.  Can he?!?
I believe, if the bill doesn't spend lots of money in rat districts...or if it is does not improve the lives of the bankers and special interests that line rat pockets...the rats will not pass a bill.

On the other side Republicans like McCain, Graham, Collins, Flake, Gardner, Heller, Sasse, and Murkowski make it unlikely that the Establishment GOP(McConnell, Hatch, Cornyn, and Alexander) can pass a bill with only GOP support.  Instead of hoping for some truth in this InfoWars story...the GOP should should start praying for the gay frogs to turn back to hetero.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What on Earth makes President Trump believe he will get any immigration bill, much less one he likes?

Does he believe the rats are unwilling to screw the Dreamers?  He can't possibly be that dumb.  Can he?!?
I believe, if the bill doesn't spend lots of money in rat districts...or if it is does not improve the lives of the bankers and special interests that line rat pockets...the rats will not pass a bill.

On the other side Republicans like McCain, Graham, Collins, Flake, Gardner, Heller, Sasse, and Murkowski make it unlikely that the Establishment GOP(McConnell, Hatch, Cornyn, and Alexander) can pass a bill with only GOP support.  Instead of hoping for some truth in this InfoWars story...the GOP should should start praying for the gay frogs to turn back to hetero.

Maybe the art of the deal.  An opportunity for him to puff up over nothing.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

It is a tough uphill fight, no doubt...but if the election goes well (particularly in the Senate)...there is a chance. Trading a wall for dreamers is an easy sell in the 2020 election so taking this position has a positive impact for the GOP. As pressure builds from the Left to help the Dreamers, some may cave and be willing to vote for a Trump approved comprehensive immigration plan...if not, we must win the 2020 fight in the House and Senate to make it happen, but the Trump position sets a benchmark for GOP Senate and House candidates that year.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It is a tough uphill fight, no doubt...but if the election goes well (particularly in the Senate)...there is a chance. Trading a wall for dreamers is an easy sell in the 2020 election so taking this position has a positive impact for the GOP. As pressure builds from the Left to help the Dreamers, some may cave and be willing to vote for a Trump approved comprehensive immigration plan...if not, we must win the 2020 fight in the House and Senate to make it happen, but the Trump position sets a benchmark for GOP Senate and House candidates that year.

Frankly @Mesaclone  it is looking a little more hopeful to me.  There are a couple of factions in the country who care:  the democrats care a lot.  They want to take back the country from Trump and the lower-class of people who support him.  They will lie, cheat, and steal to achieve this goal.

Then, there are the Trump supporters whose numbers are growing.  I know they are growing because I see it here on TBR, a tiny and insignificant group that contains Trump haters and Trump supporters.  But, maybe a microcosm of conservatives.

I see a growing number of Trump supporters here because Trump has not been what they expected.  Those people who disliked Trump have become impressed, willingly or reluctantly, about how Trump has governed.

I see a smaller group who allow Trump hatred to cloud their feelings.  While this group claims to give credit to Trump when he does something good, it is always tempered by a 'but.'  'But' we can't be sure Trump will follow through or that Trump is only pretending to do this, etc.

I remember when one could not post anything favorable about Trump without being descended upon by a horde of haters.  That is not happening nearly as much, at least so it seems to me.

If we can get enough Republicans elected to the Senate who will give us a solid majority and support Trump's programs because that's what they ran on, there is a possibility that we could actually get a meaningful immigration bill that would bring down the DACA program, ban the entry of illegals and a Wall. 

To me, the wall is the least important but Trump ran on it and he wants it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

Frankly @Mesaclone  it is looking a little more hopeful to me.  There are a couple of factions in the country who care:  the democrats care a lot.  They want to take back the country from Trump and the lower-class of people who support him.  They will lie, cheat, and steal to achieve this goal.

Then, there are the Trump supporters whose numbers are growing.  I know they are growing because I see it here on TBR, a tiny and insignificant group that contains Trump haters and Trump supporters.  But, maybe a microcosm of conservatives.

I see a growing number of Trump supporters here because Trump has not been what they expected.  Those people who disliked Trump have become impressed, willingly or reluctantly, about how Trump has governed.

I see a smaller group who allow Trump hatred to cloud their feelings.  While this group claims to give credit to Trump when he does something good, it is always tempered by a 'but.'  'But' we can't be sure Trump will follow through or that Trump is only pretending to do this, etc.

I remember when one could not post anything favorable about Trump without being descended upon by a horde of haters.  That is not happening nearly as much, at least so it seems to me.

If we can get enough Republicans elected to the Senate who will give us a solid majority and support Trump's programs because that's what they ran on, there is a possibility that we could actually get a meaningful immigration bill that would bring down the DACA program, ban the entry of illegals and a Wall. 

To me, the wall is the least important but Trump ran on it and he wants it.

Seems that way to me, too. As proof, my buddy list grew quite a bit in the last year and a half, taking much less time to scroll past the few holdouts. ^-^

Just kidding, I actually do read each and every single post.  :whistle: