Author Topic: More than 60 Dem lawmakers demand ethics investigation into Trump's relationship with China  (Read 782 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More than 60 Dem lawmakers demand ethics investigation into Trump's relationship with China
By Mary Tyler March - 05/27/18 01:20 PM EDT

More than 60 Democratic representatives are demanding an ethics investigation into President Trump's ties to China, following the president's recent push to rescue Chinese telecommunications firm ZTE.

Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) posted a letter to David Apol, acting head of the federal government's ethics office, to Twitter on Sunday, stating that the request was prompted by Trump "advocating" for ZTE just days after the Chinese government gave one of the president's business endeavors a $500 million loan.

In the letter, lawmakers say the business dealing between the Trump Organization and China may have violated U.S. laws forbidding public officials from accepting payments or gifts from foreign entities without Congress's approval.

"The Chinese government's loan provides a clear financial benefit to President Trump," the letter reads. "Despite the nearly unanimous recommendation by legal experts that he divest from his business interests before assuming the presidency, he failed to do so, instead placing his adult children in charge of day-to-day operations."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/389571-more-than-60-dem-lawmakers-demand-ethics-investigation-into-trumps
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Oh shut the hell up! We're not doing that witch hunt thing again. After China, they will want to 'investigate' Trump's collusion with Latvia. If they get away with this stupid China thing, it will never stop.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Oh shut the hell up! We're not doing that witch hunt thing again. After China, they will want to 'investigate' Trump's collusion with Latvia. If they get away with this stupid China thing, it will never stop.

Russia, China, what's next?  Puerto Rico?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
This band of merry idiots should worry more about the midterms than find in mic to stand infront of yelling China China China.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Fine, as long as we can investigate the Dems relationship with Iran. And Russia.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

With existing global businesses and an expectation they be able to continue normal operations [minus Donald Trump], can anyone point out any affect on official issues before President Trump regarding China, that indicate any difference from campaign pledges? Any alteration in policy, changes in direction or in actions that would seem to benefit the Chinese at the expense of Americans? If there is, I ain’t seeing it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:04:46 am by aligncare »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Where were they when the Clintons were getting millions from China?

Offline Fantom

Right, better we just fight CVII right now.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Hey @mystery-ak   I see you have a new avatar. Who is that, mayhap your father?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:03:01 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Suppressed

Fine, as long as we can investigate the Dems relationship with Iran. And Russia.

That's the deal I'd like to see.  Ivanka getting all these China favors right after daddy props up ZTE, etc...all these stink.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Fantom

That's the deal I'd like to see.  Ivanka getting all these China favors right after daddy props up ZTE, etc...all these stink.

Take a number.... Uranus1 next.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You guys all understand why we don't investigate former Presidents right?
Why we don't release information until they are dead....?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:10:39 am by Once-Ler »