Author Topic: Fox Business' Lou Dobbs: Trey Gowdy a 'phony' who has 'never done anything'  (Read 925 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox Business' Lou Dobbs: Trey Gowdy a 'phony' who has 'never done anything'
by Daniel Chaitin
 | May 26, 2018 08:43 AM

Fox Business host Lou Dobbs called Rep. Trey Gowdy a "phony" and a "lame duck" during an interview Friday.

While speaking about the controversy about a possible spy attached to President Trump's campaign and the Russia investigation, Dobbs began to vent about the South Carolina Republican, who is not seeking re-election this year, for how he handled the House select committee investigation into the 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's response to the attacks which led to the deaths of four American officials.

“Think about it. He was in charge of Benghazi, he was in charge of various committees and investigations. But what did he do? Nothing. He’s never done anything!" he said while speaking to Tom Shillue on his eponymous show on Fox Radio.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fox-business-lou-dobbs-trey-gowdy-a-phony-who-has-never-done-anything
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Not to mention his head hair cut would not even make a good Q-tip. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online corbe

I can't really disagree with him on this, just like that Issa guy before him, all bark, no bite.  Uniparty, indeed.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Lotsa hat, little cattle...

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
All bark. No bite.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I read, I might have even posted it here, about Trey Gowdy's supposed "born again" experience from the Billy/Franklin Graham media.  Maybe he's pressured not to do anything? Gowdy has been coming under scrutiny lately for not doing anything. This is like the 2nd time in a month's time.

Online corbe

He doesn't give a $hit, if he ever did. 
  He's outta there, heading for a nice paying gig on K street or FOX, just like Daryl Issa.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline endicom

I can't really disagree with him on this, just like that Issa guy before him, all bark, no bite.  Uniparty, indeed.

Did either Gowdy or Issa get any backing from Reflublican colleagues? That question is why I have reservations about damning either.

Online corbe

Did either Gowdy or Issa get any backing from Reflublican colleagues? That question is why I have reservations about damning either.

Good question @endicom but they both announced they weren't seeking reelection months ago. 
   Issa in charge of the Oversight Committee for years, plus his Legislative effort is not brilliant and as far as Trey goes, he had hellary by the balls and he let Boehner convince him to let go. 
   Even Trump has got these azzholes figured out.

Offline Frank Cannon

Actually when things would break in their favor they would pour water on it to cool it down. Gowdy and Issa only wanted to run their mouth about shit. They sure as hell didn't want things to happen.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I've watched well over a hundred hours of video of Trey Gowdy in my life time.  Just as he does, I wish he had been more successful, but I recognize what one Congressman can do.  Sorry to see him leave public life, but I am happy for his future.