Author Topic: Trump Moves to Ease the Firing of Federal Workers  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Fantom

Re: Trump Moves to Ease the Firing of Federal Workers
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2018, 02:54:52 am »
https://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2017/02/us-title-8-sec-1182-immigration.html

cornell edu
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Is this relevant and plain enough for politicians calling President Trump's Executive Order on Immigration 'Unconstitutional'?

Suspension of Entry or Imposition of Restrictions By President

"(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

It does not have to be debated by Congress.

Right, that the Supremes need to step in and stop the obama/9th in its tracks, is reason for new Amendments to the Constitution.

The President should be able to call SCOTUS into special session to decide any lower court ruling. That lower court ruling should be held in abeyance until SCOTUS rules.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 03:02:12 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2018, 04:41:24 am »
Right, that the Supremes need to step in and stop the obama/9th in its tracks, is reason for new Amendments to the Constitution.

The President should be able to call SCOTUS into special session to decide any lower court ruling. That lower court ruling should be held in abeyance until SCOTUS rules.

Leftists have a major hissy fit over Republican 'Court Packing' when what it boils down to is just Judges reading the Laws as they were Written.

If the Legislature had intended the Law to mean something other than what they'd written, they would have written whatever they DID mean.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2018, 04:50:12 am »
Yes, it is!

Excellent move. Mr.President.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2018, 05:00:31 am »
No need to wait for another President.  If any of these "workers" are in Hawaii there'll be a nation-wide injunction before you can say "Rumpelstiltskin."

@Cyber Liberty   Stop picking on Hawaii.  There are plenty of places on the mainland that are far more corrupt than Hawaii.  Here it's just inbred ignorance.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2018, 05:35:54 am »
@Cyber Liberty   Stop picking on Hawaii.  There are plenty of places on the mainland that are far more corrupt than Hawaii.  Here it's just inbred ignorance.

Aw, I'm just teasing, @Emjay.  Just getting a little mileage out of the guy out there.  Hey, my Bro lives on Oahu, so I know there are plenty of good folks in the islands.  I get a lot of guff because of McCain, too.

I'm sure it will be some other Judge in the Ninth Circus this time, and we can go make fun of that one together.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:36:42 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2018, 04:28:55 pm »
I see no problem in using bouncers.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 04:50:18 pm »

What is your malfunction?  Hawaii sucks.  Get over it,
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online corbe

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 04:59:43 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2018, 05:08:22 pm »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/25/environmental-red-tape-stalls-border-agents-trying-to-fill-drug-smuggler-tunnels.html

Yes I read that and posted there too. That is why I mentioned it.  That is ridiculous.  They should fill a 15' wide by 15' deep trench along the border with concrete and mostly I doubt the birds would mind.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:12:16 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2018, 05:24:31 pm »
What is your malfunction?  Hawaii sucks.  Get over it,

Hawaii sucks?  That is your profound summation?  That's all you got?

Hawaii is a contradiction.  My neighborhood consists of hard-working families who are friendly and quiet.  I know there is a large contingent of homeless, but nothing like San Francisco.

Part of the problem is the government aid program.  It provides enough money to live and eat spam and it provides about as much money as people could make in low-level jobs.  Not much incentive to work when you're getting as much from USam.  The sugar industry went out of business here because people wouldn't work in the sun for what the sugar people could pay.

The biggest industry here is Government jobs on all levels.  The second biggest is tourism.  My next-door neighbor told me she was thrilled that she now only has to work two jobs.  She worked three for years.  Now she works 5 days for gov't and 2 days at a hotel.  Her husband works as corrections officer.

Cost of living is way high.  It's hard to afford a house here.  Most people rent.

Oh, well, never mind, it's easier to just say 'Hawaii sucks.'

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2018, 05:40:45 pm »
It grieves me to read that C & H no longer processes Hawaiian sugar cane.  That was a huge part of Hawaiian agriculture.  I hope the pineapple is faring better.  I visited a cane processing plant back in the '80's.  One of my brother's customers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_and_Hawaiian_Sugar_Company
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2018, 06:45:19 pm »
Good job.  If he can manage to avoid effing this up, then it will be a definite positive achievement for Trump.  Keep in mind, of course, that unless he follows through and gets Congress to codify some of his changes, they will be just as easily undone by the next democrat to occupy the White House.
Passing laws in order to make laws, how quaint.

I think that was the way the Constitution envisioned it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2018, 07:09:18 pm »
It grieves me to read that C & H no longer processes Hawaiian sugar cane.  That was a huge part of Hawaiian agriculture.  I hope the pineapple is faring better.  I visited a cane processing plant back in the '80's.  One of my brother's customers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_and_Hawaiian_Sugar_Company

Yeah, it grieves me big time.  I used to love driving by the sugar cane fields and the sugar plant was one of the biggest employers in Maui.  Damn. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2018, 08:02:58 pm »
Yeah, it grieves me big time.  I used to love driving by the sugar cane fields and the sugar plant was one of the biggest employers in Maui.  Damn.

I don't think pineapples are doing that well...I was in Oahu around 97 and Dole was gone.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2018, 08:06:16 pm »
https://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2017/02/us-title-8-sec-1182-immigration.html

cornell edu
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Is this relevant and plain enough for politicians calling President Trump's Executive Order on Immigration 'Unconstitutional'?

Suspension of Entry or Imposition of Restrictions By President

"(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

It does not have to be debated by Congress.

Truth! Thank you.  He has the power but won't do it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.