Author Topic: The hidden reason why Michelle Obama might be showing skin on the cover of her memoir  (Read 1428 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

The hidden reason why Michelle Obama might be showing skin on the cover of her memoir
Yahoo, May 24, 2018, Lauren Tuck

The official cover for Michelle Obama’s memoir has been released.  In the photo, Obama is smiling with her right hand resting underneath her chin. She wears a simple white T-shirt that’s pulled off of one shoulder and hoop earrings. Her hair is blown out in loose waves and her skin is glowing.

According to Obama’s stylist Meredith Koop, she started with the idea of jeans and a T-shirt and wanting to portray her as all-American, relatable, and real. “It’s what Michelle wears as Michelle, not First Lady Michelle Obama. I wanted the modern ease of a tee mixed with the regal drapery of a toga. A little pinch of post-White House edge with that sexy shoulder, the tee falling off. No fancy designers, no distractions, just Ms. M herself, up close and personal,” Koop revealed.

The fact that she’s so obviously showing skin could have a hidden meaning. In 2009, after the White House released her first official photo as FLOTUS, people criticized the fact that she was wearing a sleeveless dress and showing off her toned arms. In the years following, she continued to make similar style statements despite the critics by wearing strapless gowns and off-the-shoulder dresses.

Commenters can’t wait to get their hands on the memoir and think the cover photo is “elegant,” “gorgeous,” “inspiring,” and “beautiful.”

More:  https://sports.yahoo.com/michelle-obamas-book-cover-secret-hidden-message-135002634.html

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline skeeter

Yeah, about as 'elegant' as Mean Joe Green.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I sense more than a little photoshop and airbrush in that pic. And even so, she still looks like a tranny linebacker.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Body wax worked?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
“It’s what Michelle wears as Michelle, not First Lady Michelle Obama."

But Mooch just told us she's our forever First Lady. Of course there is no difference to her lack of class and masculine physicality wherever she lives.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 12:22:10 am by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Great photography, but I'm not sure about the painted on brows.  Looks weird.

Online mountaineer

Yeah, about as 'elegant' as Mean Joe Green.
Maybe that's who she's "becoming." Any day now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Public opinion is the only thing that will ultimately keep these bass turds out of jail.   

God Bless President Trump and keep him safe.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Looks just like a wookie that had a full body Brazilian
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Great photography, but I'm not sure about the painted on brows.  Looks weird.
@Sanguine

What I noticed is that she went for the 'Oprah' look, instead of the skinhead or 'Black Power' afro look that so many Black female 'activists' go with these days. She knows that in general White people buy more books than Black people in America.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

Sorry, but ...

Online Right_in_Virginia

Sorry, but ...

I so agree!  The picture actually took my breath away .... and not in a good way.   :smokin:

Online mountaineer

Michelle Obama Has Been Sharing Photos From Her Memoir All Week—See Them Here
 Claudia Fisher
4 days ago

Michelle Obama is giving us an inside look into her private life with beautiful photos from her new book.

A few days ago, Michelle Obama shared a photo from her upcoming memoir, "Becoming," to her over 20 million Instagram followers. The former first lady explained that over the following days, she would be posting pictures and memories from the new book, giving the public inside glimpses at her private life and upbringing.

Obama's most recent share is of the anticipated book's cover, which was shot by celebrity portrait photographer Miller Mobley. In the glamorous portrait, the 54-year-old wears a white shirt that hangs off one of her shoulders, which is notable considering the criticism she received during her time in the White House about her sleeveless dresses and how they showed off her arms. It's a confident pose and a statement to these critics that she's either not listening or she doesn't care what they have to say about her appearance.

Her photos emphasize the importance she places on things like family, partnership in her marriage, hard work, honesty, and believing in yourself through difficult situations.  [??? How does a photo "emphasize" such things?]  ...

Rest of fawning MSN article, with photos
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:17:55 am by mountaineer »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Michelle Obama Has Been Sharing Photos From Her Memoir All Week—See Them Here
 Claudia Fisher
4 days ago

Michelle Obama is giving us an inside look into her private life with beautiful photos from her new book.

A few days ago, Michelle Obama shared a photo from her upcoming memoir, "Becoming," to her over 20 million Instagram followers. The former first lady explained that over the following days, she would be posting pictures and memories from the new book, giving the public inside glimpses at her private life and upbringing.

Obama's most recent share is of the anticipated book's cover, which was shot by celebrity portrait photographer Miller Mobley. In the glamorous portrait, the 54-year-old wears a white shirt that hangs off one of her shoulders, which is notable considering the criticism she received during her time in the White House about her sleeveless dresses and how they showed off her arms. It's a confident pose and a statement to these critics that she's either not listening or she doesn't care what they have to say about her appearance.

Her photos emphasize the importance she places on things like family, partnership in her marriage, hard work, honesty, and believing in yourself through difficult situations.  [??? How does a photo "emphasize" such things?]  ...

Rest of fawning MSN article

Same as all that "empowering" going on out there. It's lovely sounding BS, but BS all the same.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Here she is without the wig and makeup as her alter ego Craig Robinson.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.