Author Topic: ICE HSI Atlanta combats female genital mutilation at world's busiest airport  (Read 381 times)

rangerrebew

05/23/2018

ICE HSI Atlanta combats female genital mutilation at world's busiest airport

ATLANTA – U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) special agents along with U.S. Customs and Border Protection conducted Atlanta’s first-ever event at the world’s busiest airport, Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, May 22-23, to bring awareness to the illegal practice of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and educate persons as to the serious penalties that exist under U.S. law for engaging in its practice.

HSI Atlanta’s outreach is an extension of Operation Limelight USA, a pilot program designed by HSI’s Human Rights Violators and War Crimes Center (HRVWCC) to bring awareness to FGM and deter its practice. The program is a U.S. based version of the United Kingdom’s Operation Limelight at Heathrow Airport conducted by the Metropolitan Police Service and Border Force.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ice-hsi-atlanta-combats-female-genital-mutilation-worlds-busiest-airport

Offline MajorClay

Good luck with that.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
They probably would have more impact if they had staged the event further north at Wold–Chamberlain Field or even Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport.  Best to go where your victims are concentrated.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."