Author Topic: South Korean president 'perplexed' at Trump's decision to cancel North Korea summit  (Read 825 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
South Korean president 'perplexed' at Trump's decision to cancel North Korea summit
By Julia Manchester - 05/24/18 01:03 PM EDT

South Korean President Moon Jae-In held an emergency meeting with senior security officials on Thursday following President Trump's decision to cancel talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore, according to Yonhap News Agency.

"I am very perplexed and it is very regrettable that the North Korea-U.S. summit will not be held on June 12 when it was scheduled to be held," Moon said during the meeting at his residence, according to Yonhap.

The South Korean leader also reportedly urged Kim and Trump to speak with each other following Trump's move.

"Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and the establishment of permanent peace are historic tasks that can neither be abandoned nor delayed," he added.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/international/389219-south-korean-president-holds-emergency-meeting-after-trump-scraps-summit
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

After the last 2 days of angry bullshit comments coming from the Norks, I don't see how this is a surprise to anyone other than the tragically stupid.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
After the last 2 days of angry bullshit comments coming from the Norks, I don't see how this is a surprise to anyone other than the tragically stupid.

They are accustomed to American Presidents who hold themselves hostage to foreign events, and are not in control of them.  Obama would have been on his knees begging this Un fellow to have the summit, and would have promised anything to get it.  Trump is a little different this way.  "Walking away" must be maintained as a real possibility, it focuses our adversaries minds.  This meeting will happen eventually, but BabyBoy will not be calling the shots as he and his Pop have been for years.  The sooner he learns that, the better for him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They are accustomed to American Presidents who hold themselves hostage to foreign events, and are not in control of them.  Obama would have been on his knees begging this Un fellow to have the summit, and would have promised anything to get it.  Trump is a little different this way.  "Walking away" must be maintained as a real possibility, it focuses our adversaries minds.  This meeting will happen eventually, but BabyBoy will not be calling the shots as he and his Pop have been for years.  The sooner he learns that, the better for him.

Exactly.  They're saying what they're saying for effect - not because they necessarily believe what they are saying.

Offline endicom

Disappointed but not perplexed, I think. Moon must play his role in this matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

True. Maybe I am more accustom to how Trump operates and didn't see it as a big deal like Moon does.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Joseph Lieberman seems to indicate, this wasn't a good summit setup to begin with and he is glad that we have withdrawn.

Also, per Chagang province being turned into a zone where, according to stories, nukes can be hidden.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/24/north-korea-preparing-hide-nuclear-arsenal-remote-mountain-province/

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
The bad thing is that we didn't speak to our South Korean partners before we sent the letter out into the world. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Oceander

The bad thing is that we didn't speak to our South Korean partners before we sent the letter out into the world. 

That have been a good thing to do. 

Offline LauraTXNM

That have been a good thing to do.

I don't know; I guess it's that 47-dimension chess again.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
South Korean news isn't making a big deal about this.  They seem to think it's just a negotiating tactic.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline LauraTXNM

The President is "very upset" and held an emergency midnight meeting after the letter was released.  Trump had not told him about this when he was in DC this week.  Pompeo refused to answer whether the US told SK beforehand.

Offline musiclady

A very bad thing.

And it doesn't mean a thing that "unless he's stupid, he should have figured it out."

It was Trump's obligation to tell him first as our ally and key part of the process.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LauraTXNM

A very bad thing.

And it doesn't mean a thing that "unless he's stupid, he should have figured it out."

It was Trump's obligation to tell him first as our ally and key part of the process.

888high58888