Author Topic: Cable TV Providers Have Lost 3.4 Million Subscribers Since 2012  (Read 660 times)

Offline kevindavis007

A new report finds that the biggest pay TV providers have lost more than 300,000 customers in the first quarter of 2018, and cable TV has 3.4 million subscribers since 2012. The rise of video-on-demand streaming services like Netflix and Hulu has led to increasing numbers of people opting become cord cutters - dropping their pay TV subscriptions in favor of online services. The number of pay-TV subscribers peaked in 2012, but has been on a slow slide downwards since then.

People have been predicting the death of traditional TV for some time now, especially given that younger generations have already grown used to streaming their favorite shows online at their convenience, rather than waiting for them to air on TV at a particular time. Some TV providers have been adapting to the change by launching their own streaming services, like HBO Go. Meanwhile, Q4 2017 saw Netflix add another 2 million net subscribers in the US alone, and 8 million in total worldwide.

Read More: https://screenrant.com/cable-tv-customers-lost-cord-cutting/
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Cable TV Providers Have Lost 3.4 Million Subscribers Since 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 10:27:13 pm »
Wait till Netflix starts streaming thier all Obama all the time programing.   

Cable is not the only loser in the world of programing and screwing customers in  high rate world.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Applewood

Re: Cable TV Providers Have Lost 3.4 Million Subscribers Since 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 07:55:54 am »
Cable TV deserves the misery it gets.  Plenty of channels, but nothing worthwhile to watch.  High pries.  Poor service.   Trying to force customers to buy services they don't want.   Cable can blame the streaming services, but only partially.  Essentially, by screwing the customers, cable has shot itself in the foot.