Author Topic: How anti-abortion forces learned to love Trump  (Read 1066 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
How anti-abortion forces learned to love Trump
« on: May 23, 2018, 12:28:30 am »
How anti-abortion forces learned to love Trump
By William Yeomans

President Donald Trump on Tuesday night addresses the anti-abortion group that calls him the most "pro-life president" ever. It's the exact same group that just two years ago begged Iowa caucus voters to nominate “anyone” but Trump.

“I’m totally eating my words,” said Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser, who's feting Trump at the group's annual gala in Washington. “It’s the happiest wrong I’ve ever been."

Thanks to Trump, the anti-abortion movement has notched victories on federal funding for Planned Parenthood, allowing businesses to opt out of contraception coverage in health plans and confirming conservative Justice Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. The president as a result has amassed an army of loyalists who are eyeing November's midterm elections as an opportunity to ensure that Trump’s next Supreme Court pick — if he gets one — puts them a step closer toward undoing the Roe v. Wade ruling that established abortion rights.

Read more at: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/22/anti-abortion-forces-trump-561191