Author Topic: Viewing more medical marijuana ads linked to higher pot use among adolescents  (Read 408 times)

rangerrebew

Viewing more medical marijuana ads linked to higher pot use among adolescents
Higher ad viewing also linked to positive views about cannabis

Date:
    May 17, 2018
Source:
    RAND Corporation
Summary:
    As prohibitions on the sale and use of marijuana ease, one result is more advertising about cannabis. A new study suggests that may have consequences on adolescents, with those who view more advertising for medical marijuana being more likely to use marijuana, express intentions to use the drug and have more-positive expectations about the substance.
Share:

FULL STORY

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180517081845.htm

rangerrebew

Doesn't the left always tell us what kids see on TV or video games has no effect on them?  Say yes. farter000000

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Doesn't the left always tell us what kids see on TV or video games has no effect on them?  Say yes. farter000000

The question should be does the federal government have any business regulating it?

Remember, it was the Democrats who led the charge on TV, Video Game, and Music labeling. They aren't the ones saying it has no effect on them, they are the ones demanding more federal government involvement.

Offline Frank Cannon

Isn't this what ads do? I'll bet watching Corvette ads makes kids want a Corvette too even though they can't legally drive one.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I remember when Joe Camel was public Enemy Number One by the do gooders that always want to save the children.

That made me madder than a legless Ethiopian watchin' a doughnut roll down a hill.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."