Author Topic: Coughing Up Blood: 5 Possible Causes, And What To Do  (Read 409 times)

rangerrebew

Coughing Up Blood: 5 Possible Causes, And What To Do
« on: May 22, 2018, 02:21:36 pm »
Coughing Up Blood: 5 Possible Causes, And What To Do
Sep 8, 2016 01:52 PM By Dana Dovey @danadovey d.dovey@newsweekgroup.com

Nothing is sure to bring up imagines of your immediate death more than coughing up blood. Although this symptom is frightening, there are many explanations for coughing up blood, ranging from the dire to the less life-threatening.

Severe Cough

According to the National Health Service of the United Kingdom, coughing up blood, or hemoptysis as it is medically known, is rarely a sign of a serious health problem. The usual culprit of bloody sputum is a severe cough, such as those associated with bronchitis or a chest infection. In these cases, the symptom is not life-threatening and simply a side effect of swollen and overworked airways. Chest infections can be caused by either a virus or a bacteria, and usually clear up on their own. Although anyone can contract a chest infection, the very young and old, as well as those who are already ill or who smoke, are at most risk. If a chest infection is at the root of your bloody phlegm, you may notice that the phlegm is also mixed with pus.

https://www.medicaldaily.com/coughing-blood-5-possible-causes-and-what-do-397356

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Coughing Up Blood: 5 Possible Causes, And What To Do
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 02:45:26 pm »
What to do.

1. See a doctor
2. See a doctor
3. See a doctor
4. See a doctor
5. See a doctor

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 02:48:53 pm »
What to do.

1. See a doctor
2. See a doctor
3. See a doctor
4. See a doctor
5. See a doctor

During college, I found step 1 to be:

Stop drinking until you puke and pass out several times a week.

The ulcer went away without further treatment.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 02:50:47 pm »
What to do.

1. See a doctor
2. See a doctor
3. See a doctor
4. See a doctor
5. See a doctor

That would be my advice also.  But what would I know? I mean is you have blood coming out of any orifice without it happening as a result of a deviant sex act or a gunshot ...you might want to see a doctor.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 03:04:22 pm »
That would be my advice also.  But what would I know? I mean is you have blood coming out of any orifice without it happening as a result of a deviant sex act or a gunshot ...you might want to see a doctor.

I'm thinking if the cause of blood coming out is a gunshot, the doctor visit is in order.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer