Author Topic: The Trump Rationale  (Read 3376 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: The Trump Rationale
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2018, 07:22:27 pm »
I don’t know about anyone else but all I did was wake up one morning early in November 2017 and cast a vote for a president.

My, what drama.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 07:50:33 pm »
Then why bother responding? 

Because this is a discussion forum Bill.  I am assuming this is why essays and articles are posted on the board - to get feedback, opinions and thoughts.

I shared mine.  That you do not care for it and find it repetitive and boring is irrelevant.  I'm not governed by what other people think of me or what I write. 

You said absolutely nothing in your post that you haven't said 50 different ways prior to this

Liberals managed to indoctrinate us for fifty years by saying the same shit more than 5000 different ways until society was brainwashed to the point of believing that was the way we all need to think.  It's sad to see the same tactics being employed by those who at one time said they opposed what the Left does.

It's like you guys think if you keep yelling at each other, you'll magically convince...someone.  Or gain some kind of emotional catharsis -- who the hell knows.

Well, when we are told that the whole reason this conflict exists is because the pro-Trump bunch wants to 'rub our faces in it daily' - pushback is going to be a consequence.  I mean, do we not continue to yell and scream at Leftists?  Or do you suggest that there is no value in arguing with them anymore?

It's pretty much the definition of insanity -- everyone having the exact same conversations over and over, and expecting something different to happen.  Here's a hint....

It won't.

By that reckoning I suppose then the century's-long argument over Statism and Communism versus individual liberty and limited government is the definition of insanity then.  We're still locked in the same exact arguments over and over again.

Well that's a lie.  You clearly care when these articles get posted, or you'd simply ignore them.

My bad for not making myself more clear.  I don't care what the justifications and reasons are that they give for why constant analysis, essays and gratuitous explanations of why Trump is Great and good and our salvation and MAGA.  I'm going to eviscerate those arguments and positions every time I see them.

Do you really think nobody here is unaware of your opinions on this?

I don't care if they are or not. I post my thoughts on whatever it is that motivates me to take the time to type or illustrate and respond, same as everyone else.

Maybe ask the same question of Jazzhead on the topic of guns or homosexual wedding cakes.

Why keep banging your head against the wall when you know everyone already knows what you're going to say before you even say it??

That indeed is a nice polite way of saying 'Get lost, we're sick of you'.  I'll file that away for potential use later on.  Thanks.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 08:29:17 pm »
I don’t know about anyone else but all I did was wake up one morning early in November 2017 and cast a vote for a president.

My, what drama.

You did more than that. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2018, 08:58:21 pm »

My, what drama.

LOL!   Not to be too picky....but it was 2016.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2018, 09:01:10 pm »
LOL!   Not to be too picky....but it was 2016.    :laugh:

Are you sure? What year is it now?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2018, 09:07:06 pm »

Thursday

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2018, 09:07:34 pm »

See?  It's true!   Time flies when you're having fun!! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2018, 11:00:17 pm »

I hope someone pings me when Hanson authors an essay saying:

Won't be happening. Sow chaos, reap the whirlwind.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2018, 11:07:52 pm »
Could anyone, with 100% accuracy, known how just deep all of this went without a Trump presidency?

Quite the other way @GrouchoTex . The sacrifice of a handful of pawns on one 'side' or the other is nothing but incidental.

In the meantime, not only is the money spigot still spewing forcefully into the swamp, It's been opened another turn or two. Until that is dramatically and effectively addressed, the rest is nothing other than drama suitable for a weekly tv show for teenagers.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2018, 11:37:18 pm »
In the meantime, not only is the money spigot still spewing forcefully into the swamp, It's been opened another turn or two. Until that is dramatically and effectively addressed, the rest is nothing other than drama suitable for a weekly tv show for teenagers.

Yes, it reminds me of Space Academy Episode 12 where Space Academy receives a Galactic Distress Beacon from the Sunbeam, a trading ship run by Marcia Marcia Giddings, the past love of Jonathan Harris' Commader Gampu. But a rogue robot war machine soon traps Marcia and the Blue Team on a planet that floods them with tachyon beams that the team try in vain to stop before their leader is genetically morphed with Marcia's molecules making the galaxy's first transgendered cybernetic organism.

H/T Frank Cannon for the nostalgic trip back to old and forgotten television.

! No longer available

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2018, 11:49:41 pm »
Yes, it reminds me of Space Academy Episode 12 where Space Academy receives a Galactic Distress Beacon from the Sunbeam, a trading ship run by Marcia Marcia Giddings, the past love of Jonathan Harris' Commader Gampu.

Thanks for the Frank Effing CannonTM style comedic relief... But in it, you are absolutely right.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 11:59:06 pm »
Yes, it reminds me of Space Academy Episode 12 where Space Academy receives a Galactic Distress Beacon from the Sunbeam, a trading ship run by Marcia Marcia Giddings, the past love of Jonathan Harris' Commader Gampu. But a rogue robot war machine soon traps Marcia and the Blue Team on a planet that floods them with tachyon beams that the team try in vain to stop before their leader is genetically morphed with Marcia's molecules making the galaxy's first transgendered cybernetic organism.

H/T Frank Cannon for the nostalgic trip back to old and forgotten television.

! No longer available

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2018, 12:21:57 am »
Won't be happening. Sow chaos, reap the whirlwind.

I don't expect it will happen @roamer_1  But there is some solace in knowing those who sow tantrums, reap the hinterland.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2018, 01:09:59 am »
I don't expect it will happen @roamer_1  But there is some solace in knowing those who sow tantrums, reap the hinterland.

How positively Soviet!

Gulags to you dear!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2018, 01:38:11 am »

LOL! You forget who you're talking to @Right_in_Virginia ...
Sending me to the American version of Siberia is bound to be a fairly short trip. Like a half-day on a slow horse...

And if you are speaking in a more allegorical fashion, I really couldn't care less - Might does not make right. So continue on in your folly, slouching toward Gomorrah. Send a post card when you get there. The 'hinterlands' suit me just fine.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2018, 01:41:23 am »
LOL! You forget who you're talking to @Right_in_Virginia ...
Sending me to the American version of Siberia is bound to be a fairly short trip. Like a half-day on a slow horse...

My bad.  I thought the metaphor was self-evident.  *****rollingeyes*****  To be clear ... it's the political hinterland, not your backyard

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:42:08 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2018, 01:43:22 am »
My bad.  I thought the metaphor was self-evident.  *****rollingeyes*****  To be clear ... it's the political hinterland, not your backyard

Then of course, my final thought above applies.  :seeya: :tongue2:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2018, 04:47:41 am »
I love these endless op-eds that spend so much time explaining to us great unwashed WHY Trump's moribund acolytes will support him no matter what.

Yes, we already know why.  It's the same underlying mindset that possesses the Obama's nutballs who still worship him as the greatest being to ever to hold office.  HE is their Caesar - possessing all the traits they want in order to impose punishment on their enemies and to remake society into their image.

These thrilling exposés that detail why principles, character and morality no longer matter when making men our rulers, reinforce the insistence among self-identifying Conservatives that bad behavior and character should no longer be a consideration in choosing who rules us.   In fact, it is insinuated that men of lesser character make better rulers for a people who see decency and morality as an evil.

Choosing those who are vulgar, Adulterous, unfaithful, vile and despicable - are now said to be positive attributes in choosing our rulers - because we will have better results to get what we want from the morally void. 

So, I laugh at these same people who always toss up Hildabeast as the cassus belli for why every American should have undying fealty to Trump.

They are serious Trump is Cyrus.  Haven't you heard the prophesy?  They created a King to save them.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2018, 05:00:51 am »
They are serious Trump is Cyrus.  Haven't you heard the prophesy?  They created a King to save them.

STUNNING, isn't it? And stunningly ignorant of Scripture.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2018, 05:03:06 am »

Cyrus Vance or Billy Ray Cyrus?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2018, 05:14:43 am »
You know what is actually really boring?  The endless and constant analysis, essays and gratuitous explanations of why Trump is God in the minds of so many.   I don't care.
@INVAR

I know a lady who shook hands with Trump and she was in heaven - she said, "His hands are sooo soft."  Nausea anyone?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2018, 05:17:04 am »
Billy Ray Cyrus?

Oh c'mon Frank... Tump ain't got the hair for that.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2018, 05:21:52 am »
STUNNING, isn't it? And stunningly ignorant of Scripture.

Incredible.  I feel like the church (Evangelicals and their King Cyrus nonsense) is going to hell.  Where they dreamt it all up I cannot tell.  It is obvious that they are so interested in forcing the second coming they might be the ones who Jesus says depart from me I don't know you.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:31:32 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2018, 05:28:58 am »
@INVAR

I know a lady who shook hands with Trump and she was in heaven - she said, "His hands are sooo soft."  Nausea anyone?

But they are little.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2018, 06:34:04 am »
@INVAR

I knew a guy who claimed to have met Bill Clinton on a golf course.  He described the handshake as "he handed me a fish".
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.