Author Topic: Garry Kasparov: I told you Putin would attack U.S. election — and he will again  (Read 626 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
NEW YORK — Garry Kasparov has a message for those who didn’t foresee Russia’s meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election: “I told you so.”

“I’ve been saying many of the same things about Vladimir Putin for over 17 years,” Kasparov, the former world chess champion and political activist, said at a conference on activism here Monday. Other attendees included former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg, human rights activist Kerry Kennedy and David Hogg, a Florida high school student who has emerged as a gun control advocate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gary-kasparov-told-putin-attack-u-s-election-will-195305087.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Kasparov was once also under attack from Putin.

! No longer available

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/

I use to read Gary daily, then, slacked off when I found that I probably did have some major differences with him... and would read his twitter but more like every so often.

Chess, what can you say? You must be very smart to be a champion. What kind of smarts might be another matter.

Offline edpc

Chess, what can you say? You must be very smart to be a champion. What kind of smarts might be another matter.

Sure....just look at Bobby Fischer.  He was a loon.

Offline Frank Cannon

Can someone point out where Putin attacked a US election in the past. Bobby Mueller is desperate for anything on the matter.

Offline TomSea

Fischer was a loon, Paul Morphy, prolific American player in the 19th century was an eccentric...

Armenian (in the USSR) Tigran Petrosian on the left, Viktor Korchnoi (center who would defect from the USSR), I think these types were pretty good.

Spassky, Fischer's opponent, is probably a good man, I believe I read up on him once, Boris, I'm not sure if he was an orphan but during World War II with all of the hardship in Russia, he was in something like an orphanage at that time in his life.

I tried at chess, I even read a number of books on it, played in tournaments, member of the USCF, United States Chess Federation, couldn't quite hack it.  Mediocre, lower average, certainly nothing special. A lot of places to play on the web..

Kasparov was anti-Obama and now, he's anti-Trump, just concerning his political views, disagreeable mostly. I think he lives in NYC.

The champ before Kasparov, Anatoly Karpov, is okay. I think he actually opened up a chess school in Kansas, but reading his bio at wiki, he seems very supportive of the Russian leaders.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:42:47 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

There is some place on the web I use to play at, you could play a move a day, every few days, it was very leisurely. I met people from England/UK and Germany online there. The German was real cool and we talked. He was big on cycling. Actually, everyone there was pretty nice and friendly, I changed computers, now, I can't remember the website. I think it had some sort of name that had something to do with Alice in Wonderland. I still can't find it though.