Author Topic: More than 100 conservative leaders sign letter urging Jim Jordan to run for speaker  (Read 740 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More than 100 conservative leaders sign letter urging Jim Jordan to run for speaker
by Philip Wegmann
 | May 21, 2018 02:20 PM

The effort to draft Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, to run for speaker of the House continues.

More than 100 conservative leaders have signed a letter calling on the Freedom Caucus founder to make a run for the speaker’s gavel. Grass-roots heavyweights like Jenny Beth Martin of Tea Party Patriots and Ed Meese of the Heritage Foundation are backing the move to rid the party of what they describe as “wishy-washy, double dealing” among top GOP brass.

"There must be a real race for Speaker of the House. Now. No backroom deals. A real race, starting this spring, to make every incumbent and candidate commit on the record, as a campaign issue, whether they’ll vote to save the Swamp or drain it,” the letter reads.

More than the usual posturing, the letter has merited urgency. It comes as rumors swirl that Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., is trying to push Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., out of the speaker’s office early. According to one Weekly Standard report, that plan is being entertained openly in some circles and has even reached the desk of President Trump.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/more-than-100-conservative-leaders-sign-letter-urging-jim-jordan-to-run-for-speaker
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Where can we go to sign this letter?

Offline libertybele

More than 100 conservative leaders sign letter urging Jim Jordan to run for speaker
by Philip Wegmann
 | May 21, 2018 02:20 PM

The effort to draft Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, to run for speaker of the House continues.

More than 100 conservative leaders have signed a letter calling on the Freedom Caucus founder to make a run for the speaker’s gavel. Grass-roots heavyweights like Jenny Beth Martin of Tea Party Patriots and Ed Meese of the Heritage Foundation are backing the move to rid the party of what they describe as “wishy-washy, double dealing” among top GOP brass.

"There must be a real race for Speaker of the House. Now. No backroom deals. A real race, starting this spring, to make every incumbent and candidate commit on the record, as a campaign issue, whether they’ll vote to save the Swamp or drain it,” the letter reads.

More than the usual posturing, the letter has merited urgency. It comes as rumors swirl that Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., is trying to push Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., out of the speaker’s office early. According to one Weekly Standard report, that plan is being entertained openly in some circles and has even reached the desk of President Trump.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/more-than-100-conservative-leaders-sign-letter-urging-jim-jordan-to-run-for-speaker

Well, I would love to think that Jordan really has a chance, I would venture to bet that Ryan's replacement has already been decided.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well, I would love to think that Jordan really has a chance, I would venture to bet that Ryan's replacement has already been decided.

Of course the swamp dwellers have a chosen candidate.  That's why doing this kind of stuff is important.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Get in line sista!   :laugh:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Probably McCarthy.  It's "His Turn" down at the Rotary Club.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline musiclady

Two signatures in this household.

And we know the guy!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

This is obviously Fake News, There are not 100 Conservatives in Washington DC.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

That's how I know when Jesus comes back, it won't be in Alief, TX.
They won't be able to find 3 wise men and a virgin.

Offline musiclady

That's how I know when Jesus comes back, it won't be in Alief, TX.
They won't be able to find 3 wise men and a virgin.

****drummer
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fantom

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Night Hides Not

Of these 100 "conservative leaders", how many sold their souls to jump on the Trump Train?

Straight out of Atlas Shrugged, with Trump playing Mr. Thompson to a T.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.