Author Topic: Stopping Robert Mueller to protect us all  (Read 764 times)

Offline endicom

Stopping Robert Mueller to protect us all
« on: May 21, 2018, 02:13:21 am »
The Hill
Mark Penn
May 20, 2018

The “deep state” is in a deep state of desperation. With little time left before the Justice Department inspector general’s report becomes public, and with special counsel Robert Mueller having failed to bring down Donald Trump after a year of trying, they know a reckoning is coming.

At this point, there is little doubt that the highest echelons of the FBI and the Justice Department broke their own rules to end the Hillary Clinton “matter,” but we can expect the inspector general to document what was done or, more pointedly, not done. It is hard to see how a year-long investigation of this won’t come down hard on former FBI Director James Comey and perhaps even former Attorney General Loretta Lynch, who definitely wasn’t playing mahjong in a secret “no aides allowed” meeting with former President Clinton on a Phoenix airport tarmac.

With this report on the way and congressional investigators beginning to zero in on the lack of hard, verified evidence for starting the Trump investigation, current and former intelligence and Justice Department officials are dumping everything they can think of to save their reputations.

More... http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/388549-stopping-robert-mueller-to-protect-us-all

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: Stopping Robert Mueller to protect us all
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 02:33:06 am »
Heheh, this guy is the embarrassing Dem equivalent of Roger Stone ;).
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 11:06:56 pm »
Heheh, this guy is the embarrassing Dem equivalent of Roger Stone ;).

Why?
Because he makes sense with valid points?

Mark Penn served as pollster and adviser to President Clinton from 1995 to 2000, including during his impeachment. He is chairman of the Harris Poll and author of “Microtrends Squared.” Follow him on Twitter @Mark_Penn.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 11:24:00 pm »
Why?
Because he makes sense with valid points?

Mark Penn served as pollster and adviser to President Clinton from 1995 to 2000, including during his impeachment. He is chairman of the Harris Poll and author of “Microtrends Squared.” Follow him on Twitter @Mark_Penn.

Penn has been coming across as someone seeing a problem above politics. Seeing a government out of control. Unless he should prove otherwise, I'll give him credit for that.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 06:10:00 am »
He just cracks me up, because he's like the Dem definition of corruption. If I recall correctly, he got in trouble for influence peddling.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 09:48:56 am »
There’s a big crack in the blue wall developing, and many loyal democrats including Doug Schoen and Mark Penn have begun distancing themselves from the big lie for the good of the country. Some democrats actually love America. Fancy that.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 05:41:12 pm »
There’s a big crack in the blue wall developing, and many loyal democrats including Doug Schoen and Mark Penn have begun distancing themselves from the big lie for the good of the country. Some democrats actually love America. Fancy that.

Same with Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz!
~ Self

Offline the_doc

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 06:46:43 pm »
Same with Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz!

I'm earnestly hoping that these two guys will come out in favor of the Constitutional position recently espoused by Mark Levin RE:  the Appointments Clause.

A law professor named Calibrizi (sp?) argued via private e-mail to Levin that Mueller's appointment is completely illegal.  When Levin re-read the Constitution and worked through the argument, he was blown away.  He has talked about it for the past couple of nights on his radio show.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 07:03:27 pm »
I'm earnestly hoping that these two guys will come out in favor of the Constitutional position recently espoused by Mark Levin RE:  the Appointments Clause.

A law professor named Calibrizi (sp?) argued via private e-mail to Levin that Mueller's appointment is completely illegal.  When Levin re-read the Constitution and worked through the argument, he was blown away.  He has talked about it for the past couple of nights on his radio show.

I love it when Levin gets on a line of reasoning. Class is in session.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 09:28:39 pm »

@the_doc

Don't bother reading the comments by the (@$$ #oles) but I believe this is what you are referring to?
(I'm talking about the trash talkers on The Hill site)

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/388886-the-mess-rod-rosenstein-made
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:30:45 pm by mrclose »
~ Self