Author Topic: Abortion tied to sharp decline in women's mental health  (Read 2848 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Abortion tied to sharp decline in women's mental health
« on: May 20, 2018, 10:13:38 pm »
Do women who have an abortion risk their mental health?

A provocative new study shows that women who have an abortion face an increased risk for mental health problems including substance abuse, anxiety, and depression.

"Results indicate quite consistently that abortion is associated with moderate to highly increased risks of psychological problems subsequent to the procedure," the authors wrote in the study, published in the September 1 issue of the British Journal of Psychiatry.

Read more at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/abortion-tied-to-sharp-decline-in-womens-mental-health/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Abortion tied to sharp decline in women's mental health
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 10:14:57 pm »
It can easily be said the broads that have abortions are nuts to begin with.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 02:15:57 pm »
This is a real

BOMBSHELL!

Because this has long been a topic of debate, with the pro-choice side saying, "no, there isn't anything to this" but... this is CBS reporting this and from the British Journal, so a very neutral source... if in fact, a more liberal source. I don't know, but it's probably a pretty independent study showing this.

This is also, another significant story tucked away .

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 02:34:33 pm »
When you commit murder and take a your own baby's life......it usually has that effect on people.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 02:37:23 pm »
When you commit murder and take a your own baby's life......it usually has that effect on people.

Chicken or the egg?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 02:42:27 pm »
Chicken or the egg?

Don't you some form of faggotry to advance today?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 03:01:43 pm »
Don't you some form of faggotry to advance today?

Not today, thanks,  but since you raise it there's a reason so many closeted homosexuals are messed up, and its the same reason,  I strongly suspect, why women who've made the most wrenching decision of their lives find themselves coping with mental issues.   

Religious guilt.  It's how the churches have controlled folks for centuries.   Screaming "murderer!", "baby killer" and "you're going to hell!" at someone already forced to cope with a bad reality is a predictable predictor of mental health issues. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:02:38 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 03:09:18 pm »
Not today, thanks,  but since you raise it there's a reason so many closeted homosexuals are messed up, and its the same reason,  I strongly suspect, why women who've made the most wrenching decision of their lives find themselves coping with mental issues.   

Religious guilt.  It's how the churches have controlled folks for centuries.   Screaming "murderer!", "baby killer" and "you're going to hell!" at someone already forced to cope with a bad reality is a predictable predictor of mental health issues.

@Jazzhead
Yeah it couldn't be that they voluntarily had a defenseless living human being ripped from their womb.   nah that couldn't be a factor in their mental anguish, that wouldn't be convenient.

No it has to be those evil Christians.   Very of few of which have ever called one of these women those vile names that are on the tip of your tongue.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 03:12:37 pm »

Where exactly is that happening? Most abortions take place without anyone but the doctor and patient knowing about the act.

Looks like you will have to dig deeper into your Liberal grab bag of bullshit for a reason. Maybe tie gun ownership and SUV's into it somehow.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 05:06:42 pm »
@Jazzhead
Yeah it couldn't be that they voluntarily had a defenseless living human being ripped from their womb.   nah that couldn't be a factor in their mental anguish, that wouldn't be convenient.

No it has to be those evil Christians.   Very of few of which have ever called one of these women those vile names that are on the tip of your tongue.

Well, Wingnut just did.  I was responding to his exact words (that is, the words he employed before accusing me of "faggotry"  *****rollingeyes*****): "when you commit murder and take your own baby's life . . . "  

Nice words, huh?   Now perhaps I'm projecting by taking Wingnut's blunt and judgmental  language and ascribing it to that which I hear from those touting God's love even as they condemn folks to damnation.  But I can't see how I'd be helping things if I responded to a friend or colleague who'd had an abortion by accusing her of being the "murderer" of her "own baby". 

And religious guilt isn't confined to Christians.  Most religions lay the guilt on thick,  promising an eternity of punishment for making the wrong choices.  (And the worst, most unforgivable choice of all isn't murder, but worshiping the wrong deity or prophet.)

You can catch more flies with honey, so says the old saying.   But that's not the tack taken by too many who claim the imprimatur of religion.   A woman whose partner abandoned her to a future of poverty and uncertainty makes a difficult choice, and all the follower of Christ has to say is to brand her a "murderer"? 

Well, not this follower of Christ.       
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 05:10:48 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 12:02:26 am »
Yeah, women are so powerless, they've been schooled to feel guilty by evil Christianity.

What a hoot.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 12:31:07 am »
Yeah, women are so powerless, they've been schooled to feel guilty by evil Christianity.

What a hoot.

Well, you know we all are sensitive little hothouse flowers.   :silly:

(Thanks, Tom, good comment.)

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 12:33:21 am »
My beautiful sis-in-law suffered three miscarriages in nine months. She now has a gorgeous little girl to love. There have been studies on the link between breast cancer and miscarriage squashed, unpublished, unfunded, etc. because if there is a link between the two, guess what else there’s a link between?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 12:36:14 am »

What a hoot.

I’m banned from Cecile Richards’ and PPACT’s Twitter because of all the truthes I posted on their accounts. Anyhow, one thing I liked to point out was that they were all for empowering women to be anything they wanted to be except mothers. You go girl . . . unless you’re preggers then there’s a procedure for that minor inconvenience.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 12:41:38 am »
I found it interesting to read about an early American feminist, she was against abortion so to blame Christianity or pro-lifers seems to be a rather ignominious thing to do. Next, we might hear that some minorities can't think for themselves. They were oppressed by slavery or other obstacles. Right?

Oh, and let's not forget, this study seemed to come out of Secular England, so, if all of the patients in there survey were from England or the UK, it would seem to be doubly loathsome and doubly bigoted to be blaming some fire and brimstone Christians. They may have had their day once in England, decades and decades ago.

Victoria Woodhull
September 23, 1838 – June 9, 1927

“the rights of children as individuals begin while yet they remain the foetus”[56][57]

“Every woman knows that if she were free, she would never bear an unwished-for child, nor think of murdering one before its birth.[58]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Woodhull

And from the little I read on this lady, she was hardly a Puritan in her views.

We are never responsible for our own actions.

And I might take what a 19th century feminist had to say.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 12:42:31 am by TomSea »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 12:41:50 am »

My what great gender appropriation you have @Jazzhead . No vagina, no comment. Isn’t that how it works?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 12:44:10 am »
I found it interesting to read about an early American feminist, she was against abortion so to blame Christianity or pro-lifers seems to be a rather ignominious thing to do. Next, we might hear that some minorities can't think for themselves. They were oppressed by slavery or other obstacles. Right?

Oh, and let's not forget, this study seemed to come out of Secular England, so, if all of the patients in there survey were from England or the UK, it would seem to be doubly loathsome and doubly bigoted to be blaming some fire and brimstone Christians. They may have had their day once in England, decades and decades ago.

And from the little I read on this lady, she was hardly a Puritan in her views.

We are never responsible for our own actions.

And I might take what a 19th century feminist had to say.

@TomSea Elizabeth Candy Stanton, an early US feminist and author of the Declaration of the Rights of Women was absolutely prolife. It’s shameful what was done to their legacy.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 01:03:41 am »
Well, Wingnut just did.  I was responding to his exact words (that is, the words he employed before accusing me of "faggotry"  *****rollingeyes*****): "when you commit murder and take your own baby's life . . . "  

Nice words, huh?   Now perhaps I'm projecting by taking Wingnut's blunt and judgmental  language and ascribing it to that which I hear from those touting God's love even as they condemn folks to damnation.  But I can't see how I'd be helping things if I responded to a friend or colleague who'd had an abortion by accusing her of being the "murderer" of her "own baby". 

And religious guilt isn't confined to Christians.  Most religions lay the guilt on thick,  promising an eternity of punishment for making the wrong choices.  (And the worst, most unforgivable choice of all isn't murder, but worshiping the wrong deity or prophet.)

You can catch more flies with honey, so says the old saying.   But that's not the tack taken by too many who claim the imprimatur of religion.   A woman whose partner abandoned her to a future of poverty and uncertainty makes a difficult choice, and all the follower of Christ has to say is to brand her a "murderer"? 

Well, not this follower of Christ.     

@Jazzhead

Calling it murder is factual and certainly not what you accused Christian's of.  A baby is a person.  I would hope ending the life of a defenseless human causes people to hesitate.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2018, 03:38:02 pm »
Bump to the top, BTTT.