Author Topic: The 200 puppies rescued from the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone are bound for the U.S.  (Read 646 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The 200 puppies rescued from the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone are bound for the U.S.
Meduza
08:06, 14 may 2018

Ukrainian state officials announced this Monday that they’ve rescued 200 puppies from the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. The animals are being monitored for radiation poisoning and quarantined at a special shelter in Slavutych for 45 days before they’re sent to the United States for adoption.

The dogs living in Chernobyl today are descended from the animals abandoned in the evacuation of the city in 1986, when fleeing residents were not permitted to take their pets with them. According to The Guardian, there are at least 300 stray dogs living in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone today.

Read more at: https://meduza.io/en/shapito/2018/05/14/the-300-puppies-rescued-from-the-chernobyl-exclusion-zone-are-bound-for-the-u-s

A bunch of reindeer got a lot of radiation though maybe not excessive, that article was posted here. The poor animals that suffer from these tragedies.  I don't know if the animals might have a level of radiation as well? I think they can.

Oceander

Glow in the dark doggies!  Could be useful. 

Offline RoosGirl

*****rollingeyes*****

This shit makes me livid.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
*****rollingeyes*****

This shit makes me livid.
Oh my God, am I now going to have to put up with guilt me commercials for Chernobyl dogs now too! It's not enough that at least three organizations try to guilt me for dollars for cancer stricken, deformed or sick children then the the ASPCA begathon and Celebrity dog begathons! I rarely watch commercial TV for two reasons, One there is almost nothing but crap on and two, the constant attack using the emotional sledge hammer of suffering children and animals! Christ you can't even escape this crap at the movies.

Offline Frank Cannon

Like we are short of stray dogs over here. The Norks have some starvation problems. Send them there.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Since Chernobyl happened in 1986, 32 years ago, it is interesting on how the dogs might develop. The limited pictures showed they were okay. I think birth defects, etc. could have happened.