Author Topic: Yahoo and AOL Just Gave Themselves the Right to Read Emails, Access Bank Records  (Read 1183 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
https://pjmedia.com/trending/yahoo-and-aol-can-now-read-your-emails-access-your-bank-records/

It’s not only Facebook and Google that want all your data. In one of the most far-reaching attacks on personal privacy, Oath, the new name of Verizon’s online content subsidiary, is now requiring users of Yahoo and AOL to consent to allow access to their personal data.

This includes Oath's right to view and analyze every email sent or received on Yahoo! and AOL emails, attachments, videos, images, even location information. This is one of the consequences of the FCC removing the telecommunication companies from the Net Neutrality laws and allowing them to be treated as Internet companies, rather than like regulated phone service companies. They also added this policy that allows them access to your banking information:

financial-institutions-oath

Additionally, Oath’s new terms of service that are now being sent out and messages are appearing on users' screens saying that all of this data can be shared within their entire organization, including Verizon and its affiliates, as well as more than 100 other third-party companies that include advertisers, app developers, and analytics companies.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Apparently the big new market is GPS Location data from customer cell phones. Cellular Service Providers know your location incidentally. They don't have to actively track you.

Every cell phone tower will have 3, or 6, or more sectors. Your cell phone periodically registers on the system to let the provider know that the phone is active and 'generally' where your phone is throughout the day. This is done for the functioning of the cellular system. When someone calls you, the system knows the last place the phone registered and will only broadcast the ring command in that area, instead of the entire system. The tracking properties are a side effect.

However, the Cellphone Companies found out that they can sell this data about you to third party vendors, for whatever reason they may want it. So, not only is every click you make on the internet logged, bought, and sold, but also everywhere you go with your cellphone is also logged, bought, and sold. Turning the phone off does not help. The only way you can get around this tracking function is to remove the battery from your phone completely. There is nothing you can do on the internet or from your cellphone that is anonymous.

It used to be, more or less. I mean there were ways. Not anymore. They know who you are, what you do, and where you are, all day long. And the worst part is, they are willing to sell that data to whomever wants it. No warrant. No Judge. No nothing at all. It is all in the Terms of Use Agreement.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:19:54 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

They track which aisle you go down in stores and can tell which products you are looking at.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I always carry a burner phone. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

I always carry a burner phone.

@Wingnut
Do they let you pay cash for those?   I've never bought one but figured you had to give your name when the purchase was made.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Apparently the big new market is GPS Location data from customer cell phones. Cellular Service Providers know your location incidentally. They don't have to actively track you.

Every cell phone tower will have 3, or 6, or more sectors. Your cell phone periodically registers on the system to let the provider know that the phone is active and 'generally' where your phone is throughout the day. This is done for the functioning of the cellular system. When someone calls you, the system knows the last place the phone registered and will only broadcast the ring command in that area, instead of the entire system. The tracking properties are a side effect.

However, the Cellphone Companies found out that they can sell this data about you to third party vendors, for whatever reason they may want it. So, not only is every click you make on the internet logged, bought, and sold, but also everywhere you go with your cellphone is also logged, bought, and sold. Turning the phone off does not help. The only way you can get around this tracking function is to remove the battery from your phone completely. There is nothing you can do on the internet or from your cellphone that is anonymous.

It used to be, more or less. I mean there were ways. Not anymore. They know who you are, what you do, and where you are, all day long. And the worst part is, they are willing to sell that data to whomever wants it. No warrant. No Judge. No nothing at all. It is all in the Terms of Use Agreement.

Good for them.  Now, somebody other than Mrs. Liberty knows how dreadfully boring my live is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

Good for them.  Now, somebody other than Mrs. Liberty knows how dreadfully boring my live is.

@Cyber Liberty
Until someone commits a crime at a boring location.  Then the cops will just pull up a list of who was in the area and decide one of them is the guilty one.    Never mind the real perp might not have had a cell phone.  They won't go to all that work.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@Cyber Liberty
Until someone commits a crime at a boring location.  Then the cops will just pull up a list of who was in the area and decide one of them is the guilty one.    Never mind the real perp might not have had a cell phone.  They won't go to all that work.

Yep. If she signs up for one of the third party location services, all she has to do is to type in your phone number and it will tell her where your cell phone is. It doesn't know where you are yet, but it knows where your cell phone is. So, all I have to do is to drop your cell phone in your coworker's purse, and you are busted my dude.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@Wingnut
Do they let you pay cash for those?   I've never bought one but figured you had to give your name when the purchase was made.

I'm not sure.  Mine are given to me.  I'll check and see.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."