Author Topic: All 'foreign forces' to leave Syria, Putin tells Assad  (Read 476 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
All 'foreign forces' to leave Syria, Putin tells Assad
« on: May 19, 2018, 12:03:03 am »
All 'foreign forces' to leave Syria, Putin tells Assad
By Tamara Qiblawi, CNN
Updated 6:33 AM ET, Fri May 18, 2018

(CNN)Russian President Vladimir Putin told Syrian President Bashar al-Assad Thursday that "foreign armed forces" would leave Syria, according to Syria's state-run news agency, SANA.
Assad was on a surprise visit to Russia. He and his counterpart hailed the beginning of the "political process" in Syria amid an ongoing "fight against terrorism."

"We presume that, in connection with the significant victories and success of the Syrian army in the fight against terrorism, with the onset of a more active part, with the onset of the political process in its more active phase, foreign armed forces will be withdrawn from the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic," Putin said after Thursday's meeting.

Read more at: https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/middleeast/assad-putin-intl/index.html

Offline Suppressed

Re: All 'foreign forces' to leave Syria, Putin tells Assad
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 04:30:16 am »
You'd like that, wouldn't you two?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: All 'foreign forces' to leave Syria, Putin tells Assad
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 05:05:35 am »
You'd like that, wouldn't you two?

I wonder if Putin knows what he is talking about here. Does he really expect Hezbollah, Iran, and Turkey, to all pull stakes and just leave? Or is Putin only talking about NATO and Russian forces? I'm not sure how much power Putin has to make sure this actually happens.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.