Author Topic: 5 Things Most Men Have to Learn the Hard Way in Life  (Read 9739 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: 5 Things Most Men Have to Learn the Hard Way in Life
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2018, 09:16:19 pm »
 :whistle:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2018, 09:22:35 pm »
I was trying to think of a word that rhymes with @Sanguine that means you'll be buying new tires...  :shrug:

Jussayin.

Yeah, I don't think Firestone rhymes with Sanguine.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2018, 09:28:47 pm »

Yeah... That was kinda the problem...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2018, 09:29:10 pm »

Mess with Sanguine and kiss your Goodyear goodby!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2018, 09:34:40 pm »
Mango-in' kinda works if you stretch it a bit... but it isn't all that threatening...  :shrug:

Screw it.  9999hair out0000

Don't mess with Texas.  :cool:

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2018, 09:35:30 pm »
My advice was not to you but @jmyrlefuller  who keeps asking on this forum why he keeps getting rejected.  And I gave him sound advice.  @sneakypete.

@mirraflake

Ahhh,I see "the doctor is in".

I have never had any problem attracting women.  I just never needed a boss at home as well as a boss at work,and truth to tell,have never been crazy about putting up with crap from a boss at work,either.

I believe in peaceful coexistence at home. Nobody is a master and nobody is a slave,but if somebody is going to be taking orders,it damn sure ain't going to be ME. The only women I have ever met that were willing to live that way were already married to guys I knew,so they weren't available. The ones that WERE available were very pleasant at first,but would start dropping little verbal "control bombs" after a couple of months of peaceful co-existence. The last one was a woman I worked with at the AF Base in Denver,and she basically moved in without asking me if it was ok. Since I had nothing going on with anyone else,actually liked her,knew she was smart,new she was a hard-worker,and it was blindingly obvious she was a smoking hot redhead,I said "Uhhh,ok,yeah" when she showed up with her suitcase a couple of days after the first date.

Things were going great for about 3 or 4 months,when one night,out of the blue,she dropped THIS little "info bomb" on me during a tv commercial when she said,"You know that after we get married we won't be having so much sex,right?

"Uhhhh,say WHAT?",was my initial response,and then I told her that I didn't even know we were engaged,and that if she ever did hope to get married,she needed to work some on her sales technique.

I told her right then she needed to start looking for a new place to live. A couple of weeks later she moved in with another guy we worked with,and 6 months later they were married.

And this is my LAST personal discussion on this matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2018, 09:58:07 pm »
My advice was not to you but @jmyrlefuller  who keeps asking on this forum why he keeps getting rejected.  And I gave him sound advice.  @sneakypete.

@mirraflake   @jmyrlefuller

My apologies to you both for misunderstanding and butting in where I don't belong.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2018, 10:49:10 pm »
Pangolin?  Consanguine, or, I hesitate on this one: anguine?

No, not sure we can do anything with those.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2018, 01:09:44 am »
Pangolin?  Consanguine, or, I hesitate on this one: anguine?

No, not sure we can do anything with those.

You and all your five dollar words...  *****rollingeyes*****

:beer:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2018, 01:17:16 am »
You and all your five dollar words...  *****rollingeyes*****

:beer:

I think maybe you should have used "manglin' "

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2018, 01:32:00 am »

That works.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2018, 01:48:03 am »

Well, that's certainly something I am capable of... :D

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2018, 03:25:12 pm »
It was duly noted. I have a general idea of what's held me back when I was attempting to date in years past, and I've put dating on hold for the time being, at least until I improve myself into a more (figuratively) attractive potential partner. It's a process.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2018, 09:33:14 pm »
It was duly noted. I have a general idea of what's held me back when I was attempting to date in years past, and I've put dating on hold for the time being, at least until I improve myself into a more (figuratively) attractive potential partner. It's a process.

@jmyrlefuller

I am not a shrink,and don't even play one on teebee,but it SEEMS to me that your biggest problem is your own poor opinion of yourself. MOST women like a man that is self-confident. I know nothing about you,but I suspect you are a better potential "catch" for women than you think yourself to be. Unless of course there is some sort of super-dominant caveman hiding behind a Clark Kent personality.

Speaking of which,did Clark Kent even ever get a date,never mind get laid?

Just keep this in mind,you can say pretty much anything you want to say to a typical woman as long as it isn't mean,and you say it with a sense of humor and a smile.

A sense of  humor should also be the prime thing you look for in a woman,too. Regardless of if you are a man or a woman,and how nice you try to be,EVERYBODY has a bad day or three occasionally,and your partner and you BOTH need to be mentally prepared to deal with the bad weather until it goes away. People who are generally upbeat and who look for things to laugh about are the best bet because they are the least likely to take a bad weekend and turn it into a lifestyle.

And don't worry so much about "catching a keeper" this week. Go with the flow and approach different women while having the understanding that it is perfectly normal for either you to not be a good "fit" for her,or for her not to be a good "fit" for you.  That's why it's called dating. Have fun with it while it is happening and don't take it as a personal defeat when some woman tells you that you aren't what she is looking for in life. Big flipping deal. You are not trying to seal a multi-million dollar sales contract of trying to score the winning touchdown at a Super Bowl,you are just dating. It's something even high school kids can do.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:39:51 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2018, 04:44:30 pm »
There are something like 3.5 billion women in the world. Likely you'll find one who is a good fit and who you are the one. They like being in on the self-improvement thing, too. I haven't met many who don't regard us as fixer-uppers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2018, 12:25:21 am »
 5 Things Most Men Have to Learn the Hard Way in Life.

When Rosie wears your ring you always have a solid marriage. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Oceander

« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2018, 12:27:31 am »
@jmyrlefuller

I am not a shrink,and don't even play one on teebee,but it SEEMS to me that your biggest problem is your own poor opinion of yourself. MOST women like a man that is self-confident. I know nothing about you,but I suspect you are a better potential "catch" for women than you think yourself to be. Unless of course there is some sort of super-dominant caveman hiding behind a Clark Kent personality.

Speaking of which,did Clark Kent even ever get a date,never mind get laid?

Just keep this in mind,you can say pretty much anything you want to say to a typical woman as long as it isn't mean,and you say it with a sense of humor and a smile.

A sense of  humor should also be the prime thing you look for in a woman,too. Regardless of if you are a man or a woman,and how nice you try to be,EVERYBODY has a bad day or three occasionally,and your partner and you BOTH need to be mentally prepared to deal with the bad weather until it goes away. People who are generally upbeat and who look for things to laugh about are the best bet because they are the least likely to take a bad weekend and turn it into a lifestyle.

And don't worry so much about "catching a keeper" this week. Go with the flow and approach different women while having the understanding that it is perfectly normal for either you to not be a good "fit" for her,or for her not to be a good "fit" for you.  That's why it's called dating. Have fun with it while it is happening and don't take it as a personal defeat when some woman tells you that you aren't what she is looking for in life. Big flipping deal. You are not trying to seal a multi-million dollar sales contract of trying to score the winning touchdown at a Super Bowl,you are just dating. It's something even high school kids can do.

:thumbsup:

Spot on advice.  Follow these simple guidelines and you’ll get far. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2018, 03:00:13 am »
    Sorry I missed this Wonderful Thread but @sneakypete offers excellent advice, Humor is indeed the ice breaker, I have gotten so many close hugs in Bars from Beautiful Women because I can make them Laugh.  * If that doesn't work, go to a pawn shop and buy a cheap wedding ring, wear it.  The Bad Woman out there like to sleep with a Married Man makes them feel safer about that 'commitment' thing, since you can't make them laugh at least they don't have to worry about you moving in.

*with me, not AT me.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 03:01:25 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.