Author Topic: Al-Bab's patience with Turkey wears thin after rebel lawlessness  (Read 505 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Al-Bab's patience with Turkey wears thin after rebel lawlessness
MEE correspondent

Badr Taleb confronting Turkish troops in Al-Bab after a bullet grazed his forehead (MEE/Supplied)

Like any other day at work, Dr Mamdouh Matlab arrived at the Al-Salam Hospital in the northern Syrian city of Al-Bab to make his rounds of the wards.

Arriving a few minutes early, Matlab sat down on a bench close to an empty office and rifled through his bag for patient notes.

After three years of living under Islamic State group (IS) control  - a period of public beheadings and strict controls on daily life - Matlab and the other residents of the city were beginning to adjust to a life free from the militant group.

Read more at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/Al-Bab-patience-with-Turkey-wears-thin-after-rebel-lawlessness-1790512911

Check link, the guy in the first picture is in no danger of losing his life I'd think, but a bullet grazed his head and his face is covered with blood. I won't post the picture here, though it is not one of great graphic violence imo.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Al-Bab's patience with Turkey wears thin after rebel lawlessness
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 10:38:50 pm »
I hate immature replies like I'm about to make, but I really have a hard time getting through the story -- too many years of...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Al-Bab's patience with Turkey wears thin after rebel lawlessness
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 01:53:10 am »
I hate immature replies like I'm about to make, but I really have a hard time getting through the story -- too many years of...

@Suppressed
Actually, pardon me, that picture was so dramatic, you know, some news photos are remembered for decades... so the picture impressed me and I just appended the article on. Thank you for contributing.