Author Topic: Debbie Wasserman Schultz: The NRA Is 'Just Shy Of A Terrorist Organization'  (Read 1143 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Debbie Wasserman Schultz: The NRA Is 'Just Shy Of A Terrorist Organization'
Nick Wing
16 hrs ago

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) had stern words for the National Rifle Association on Tuesday, responding to the gun group’s new president attacking student survivors of the shooting in Parkland, Florida, for allegedly engaging in “civil terrorism.”

“The NRA is kind of just shy of a terrorist organization,” Schultz told HuffPost. “They have done everything they can to perpetuate the culture of violence that we have in our country with the spread of assault weapons across the nation.”

In an interview with The Washington Times last week, newly elected NRA president Oliver North accused students of Parkland’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School of using “intimidation and harassment and lawbreaking” in the anti-gun efforts they launched following the Valentine’s Day massacre that left 17 people dead at their campus.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/debbie-wasserman-schultz-the-nra-is-just-shy-of-a-terrorist-organization/ar-AAxkqfn?li=BBnbcA1&ffid=gz
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

“The NRA is kind of just shy of a terrorist organization,” Schultz told HuffPost. “They have done everything they can to perpetuate the culture of violence that we have in our country with the spread of assault weapons across the nation.”

What an asinine statement.   Of course, Ollie North's characterization of the Parkland student protesters as engaging in "civil terrorism" wasn't much better. 

What has happened to civil discourse when both sides of an important current issue demonize the other as terrorists?   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
So about 8% of the American population are terrorist?  Keep pushing..........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I thought this chick was dead, or retired, or in prison, or something. Never expected to ever hear from her ever again.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What an asinine statement.   Of course, Ollie North's characterization of the Parkland student protesters as engaging in "civil terrorism" wasn't much better. 

What has happened to civil discourse when both sides of an important current issue demonize the other as terrorists?

What happened to civil discourse? The 60's. Bill Clinton. Barack Obama. Nancy Pelosi. Harry Reid, and Deb Wessonoil Schultz, to name a few.

There is no civil discourse with the Left. You either defeat them, or they enslave you. Those are your options.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GrouchoTex

Why hasn't she gone to jail over the Awan family scandal yet?

Offline andy58-in-nh

DWS is just shy of brain dead.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
There is no civil discourse with the Left. You either defeat them, or they enslave you. Those are your options.

Enslave me?   That's a tad over the top, don't you think, given that there's always the next election?   As well as the Constitution?   

Hyperbolic rhetoric doesn't help the conservative cause, IMO.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Republicans let us down, time and again and in my opinion, it is more of a national phenomenon rather than on the state basis. The alternative to the Republicans is this kind of stupid thinking by DWS, she sure hasn't been on the news much at all but to say something dumb like this.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So about 8% of the American population are terrorist?  Keep pushing..........

@catfish1957 more like 10% if you count us veterans and active duty folks that Obama's DHS Secretary labeled as potential domestic terrorists.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline andy58-in-nh

Why hasn't she gone to jail over the Awan family scandal yet?
Because, thanks to the news media and a feckless Republican Party, 98% of the American people have never heard of the Awans.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Enslave me?   That's a tad over the top, don't you think, given that there's always the next election?   As well as the Constitution?   

Have you listened to their rhetoric lately? Have you not been following the #Resistance? Have you not been noticing that Bernie style candidates are winning their primaries?

I was really being kind with enslave, in reality they want to get rid of you.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Given the overall age and health of the SCOTUS judges, it's not so hyperbolic.

Where do you think the 2nd Amendment would be today, had Hillary chosen Scalia's replacement...given the mass hysteria/media over mass shootings?

Where do you think Single Payer Health Care would be today?

Where do you think the stock market would be today?   Tax rates??

Like I said on another thread...it's hard to believe so many principled Conservatives don't seem to have that perspective.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What happened to civil discourse? The 60's. Bill Clinton. Barack Obama. Nancy Pelosi. Harry Reid, and Deb Wessonoil Schultz, to name a few.

:amen: brother!  Spot on!   888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

You are intentionally mischaracterizing North's comments.

From the Hill: North's comments come weeks after a woman was charged with misdemeanor destruction of property for splashing fake blood on a top NRA lobbyist's Virginia home.

There is no moral equivelence between the left and right on this issue. None. It is the left who has lost their minds and slipped the bounds of civil discourse. Not to mention rationality.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:44:21 pm by skeeter »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Wessonoil.

That was awesome.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Jazzhead   The NRA has been adopted as a whipping boy for all the clueless anti-gun nuts.  They are nothing of the sort.  My husband was a lifetime member.  Their magazine was like on of those car magazines ... it discussed various guns, etc.  Also gun safety.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You are intentionally mischaracterizing North's comments.

From the Hill: North's comments come weeks after a woman was charged with misdemeanor destruction of property for splashing fake blood on a top NRA lobbyist's Virginia home.

There is no moral equivelence between the left and right on this issue. None. It is the left who has lost their minds and slipped the bounds of civil discourse. Not to mention rationality.

@skeeter .... hate to say @Jazzhead but your idle trashing of Ollie North does not add to civil discourse.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter .... hate to say @Jazzhead but your idle trashing of Ollie North does not add to civil discourse.

Nor does it do his credibility any favors.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Nor does it do his credibility any favors.

@skeeter

His credibility on issues related to the 2nd Amendment went out the window a long time ago.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@skeeter

His credibility on issues related to the 2nd Amendment went out the window a long time ago.

Maybe I haven't kept up, but what exactly has Ollie North said relative to the 2nd Amendment that hurts his credibility?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I could find nothing negative regarding Ollie North and the 2nd Amendment.

I did find this:  "

Dana Rohrabacher
‏
Verified account

@DanaRohrabacher
Follow Follow @DanaRohrabacher
More
Hurray! Hero Ollie North has taken lead in defending our #2ndAmendment rights. Ollie & I've worked together since our days at Reagan WH. Looking fwd 2 working w him in yrs ahead:) #NRA #2A

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Maybe I haven't kept up, but what exactly has Ollie North said relative to the 2nd Amendment that hurts his credibility?

Wasn't referring to Ollie.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Wasn't referring to Ollie.

All righty, then.  Pronouns cause trouble at times.