Author Topic: Dutch researchers uncover dirty jokes in Anne Frank's diary  (Read 2922 times)

rangerrebew

Dutch researchers uncover dirty jokes in Anne Frank's diary

By MIKE CORDER Associated Press

May 15, 2018 01:51 PM

Updated May 15, 2018 03:29 PM

Researchers using digital technology deciphered the writing on two pages of Anne Frank's diary that she had pasted over with brown masking paper, discovering four naughty jokes and a candid explanation of sex, contraception and prostitution.

"Anyone who reads the passages that have now been discovered will be unable to suppress a smile," said Frank van Vree, director of the Netherlands Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies. "The 'dirty' jokes are classics among growing children. They make it clear that Anne, with all her gifts, was above all also an ordinary girl."

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article211156849.html#storylink=cpy

Offline LucasWhite

• IMDEX.org - Image-based Encyclopedia
Re: Dutch researchers uncover dirty jokes in Anne Frank's diary
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 03:56:11 pm »
Thanks for posting this...I'm sharing it all over the internet now.  :beer:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:48:31 pm by Mod5 »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 07:01:09 pm »

@LucasWhite

May I ask why you have a pic of Rosenberg attached to your post?  Are you an adherent?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 07:46:13 pm »

I'm not sure about the purpose of your post.  Seems inappropriate but maybe I'm missing something?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Mod5

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 07:50:05 pm »
I removed the picture.  If its purpose can be explained satisfactorily, then he can repost it.

Offline LucasWhite

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 03:46:35 pm »
@LucasWhite

May I ask why you have a pic of Rosenberg attached to your post?  Are you an adherent?

Yes sir, would be happy to answer.  I generally do not sympathize with the Nazi ideology, especially with the race-based doctrines espoused by those such as Rosenberg.  I do love history, especially German history and militarism.  My primary love is the Second Reich (1871-1918). I do sympathize politically with the Third Reich in so far as they wanted to correct the Weimar situation and restore a proper German state through militarism.  Wish they would not have massacred innocent people.

Now why did I post this picture here?  Well I have a work-in-progress project IMDEX.org, an image-based encyclopedia, where I am creating a unique icon for each of the historical figures.  I have been having fun posting these around the internet and discussing with people.  I have a wide variety, and I enjoy making the ones for the shocking figures, I admit.  In this case, the artist is a very special person who is making a series of these arts.  We certainly do not do it for money, and both of us reject Nazi ideology, but have a huge interest in their history.  If you want me to not post any pics of Nazi figures here, I will be happy to comply.  I would hope that you wouldn't mind me posting some other types of pics here in moderation as I have a wide variety that can perhaps contribute to the article threads.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 04:35:18 pm »
Yes sir, would be happy to answer.  I generally do not sympathize with the Nazi ideology, especially with the race-based doctrines espoused by those such as Rosenberg.  I do love history, especially German history and militarism.  My primary love is the Second Reich (1871-1918). I do sympathize politically with the Third Reich in so far as they wanted to correct the Weimar situation and restore a proper German state through militarism.  Wish they would not have massacred innocent people.

Now why did I post this picture here?  Well I have a work-in-progress project IMDEX.org, an image-based encyclopedia, where I am creating a unique icon for each of the historical figures.  I have been having fun posting these around the internet and discussing with people.  I have a wide variety, and I enjoy making the ones for the shocking figures, I admit.  In this case, the artist is a very special person who is making a series of these arts.  We certainly do not do it for money, and both of us reject Nazi ideology, but have a huge interest in their history.  If you want me to not post any pics of Nazi figures here, I will be happy to comply.  I would hope that you wouldn't mind me posting some other types of pics here in moderation as I have a wide variety that can perhaps contribute to the article threads.

Communists detest NAZI's and the feeling is mutual.

What they do have in common is a hatred of Jews.

Hence the reason you posted that cartoonish picture of one of the biggest Judenhassers of the Third Reich.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LucasWhite

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 04:40:41 pm »
Communists detest NAZI's and the feeling is mutual.

What they do have in common is a hatred of Jews.

Hence the reason you posted that cartoonish picture of one of the biggest Judenhassers of the Third Reich.

I don't hate Jews.  I hate how some Jewish organizations try to limit what we can lawfully say, what motions we make with our hands, etc.  I hate how they label some of the best pro-Christian groups as hate groups, because the Christian groups are opposed to legal over-extensions of homosexuality.  I hate how some of these disrespect the holy name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in media.

I am not a Communist, but generally a supporter of free market capitalism.  Here is one of the pics I made for what we were talking about above, which might prove.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:45:11 pm by LucasWhite »

Offline LucasWhite

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 04:52:33 pm »
In any event, I enjoy visiting this site and would like to get to know some of you with time.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 04:52:36 pm »
I don't hate Jews.  I hate how some Jewish organizations try to limit what we can lawfully say, what motions we make with our hands, etc.  I hate how they label some of the best pro-Christian groups as hate groups, because the Christian groups are opposed to legal over-extensions of homosexuality.  I hate how some of these disrespect the holy name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in media.

I am not a Communist, but generally a supporter of free market capitalism.  Here is one of the pics I made for what we were talking about above, which might prove.  :laugh:

"Jewish groups"?  I'm not familiar with any of those.  Who do you mean?

Offline LucasWhite

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 04:56:04 pm »
"Jewish groups"?  I'm not familiar with any of those.  Who do you mean?

Anti-Defamation League
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:58:15 pm by LucasWhite »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 04:59:30 pm »
Anti-Defamation League

Of course.  *****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2018, 05:00:11 pm »
Anti-Defamation League

Ah.  Yeah, they don't even register on the list of important things in my life, so I didn't think of them.

Offline LucasWhite

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2018, 05:02:55 pm »
From Europe to your doorstep, anti-free speech laws pushed by pro-Jewish groups...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/05/critics-denounce-south-carolina-anti-semitism-law-180513113108407.html

Critics denounce South Carolina's new 'anti-Semitism' law
A recently passed South Carolina law targets criticism of Israel in schools by branding it anti-Semitic.

The new bill would effectively deem any criticism of Israel in publicly funded schools and state colleges as "anti-Semitic".

Unable to pass it as a standalone law for the past two years over questions about its constitutionality, supporters of the measure used a legislative tactic known as a "rider" to insert it into the state's 2018-2019 budget. The measure will expire after one year.

Supporters of Israel see the controversial bill as a triumph, arguing that any criticism of Israel is inherently anti-Semitic and should be banned on college campuses.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 05:09:05 pm »

In your short posting history I don't see the same zeal in addressing the bigger threat of islam against say your consistent dissing of Jews.  Add the fact you are linking Israeli articles from AlJaezera........

Not saying you are pro-muzzle, but.......
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:18:01 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 05:11:17 pm »
Wow, Anne Frank has always been a hero to me, because she was an adolescent and she wrote her diary, if she was from China during World War II and wrote it, I would admire her just the same. Wow, this is way off-topic to bring in on this subject.  I think we should largely stay on topic, I know we believe in free speech but still. What's next? Talking about Jack Benny because he happened to be Jewish too? There is a time and place for all of this and such things can be posted in history.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 05:13:48 pm »
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/05/critics-denounce-south-carolina-anti-semitism-law-180513113108407.html

One thing that bothers the heck out of me in modern journalism is the way they don't link to the important source material so the reader can make up his own mind.  From what I can see, this article (like many others; I'm not just picking on you) doesn't link us to see exactly what was being proposed.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 05:20:22 pm »
From Europe to your doorstep, anti-free speech laws pushed by pro-Jewish groups...

Critics denounce South Carolina's new 'anti-Semitism' law
A recently passed South Carolina law targets criticism of Israel in schools by branding it anti-Semitic.

The new bill would effectively deem any criticism of Israel in publicly funded schools and state colleges as "anti-Semitic".

Unable to pass it as a standalone law for the past two years over questions about its constitutionality, supporters of the measure used a legislative tactic known as a "rider" to insert it into the state's 2018-2019 budget. The measure will expire after one year.

Supporters of Israel see the controversial bill as a triumph, arguing that any criticism of Israel is inherently anti-Semitic and should be banned on college campuses.

Al Jezerra...seriously?  Why don't you just read a press release from Hamas or Hezbollah.

Law like that are aimed at skinheads...neo Nazi's and your garden variety racists that blame the Jews for everything...just like your boy Putin doesdeny...they Holocaust happened and treat an entire race of people like sub human apes... and use the blood of children for their Matzo bread.

Offline LucasWhite

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 05:28:30 pm »
In your short posting history I don't see the same zeal in addressing the bigger threat of islam against say your consistent dissing of Jews.  Add the fact you are linking Israeli articles from AlJaezera........

Not saying you are pro-muzzle, but.......

Both are trying to come to the Father in a way other than Jesus.  Both can be my political allies or enemies, but I do not believe in either of their religions.  I understand though where you are coming from with the overly pro-Muslim administration of Obama, Trudeau in Canada, Merkel in Germany.  Yes, this disgusts me as well for many of the same reasons why the South Carolina law disgusts me. 

Kevin J Johnston (Freedom Report.ca) is pending trial in Canada for "promoting hate", may be jailed.  He runs a very entertaining YouTube channel and is a gem.  He is also running for Mississauga mayor against Bonnie Crombie, who is an ass-kisser of Muslims all the way.  They are trying to get him out of the way.  He should be able to say what he wants, and he's not hurting anyone.

Now I do get the impression that many Islamic people around the world are beautifully religious people and have high morals.  It is a shame that there is always that part of the religion that influences a percentage of them to do violence to Christians and others.

Offline LucasWhite

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 05:30:48 pm »
Al Jezerra...seriously?  Why don't you just read a press release from Hamas or Hezbollah.

Law like that are aimed at skinheads...neo Nazi's and your garden variety racists that blame the Jews for everything...just like your boy Putin doesdeny...they Holocaust happened and treat an entire race of people like sub human apes... and use the blood of children for their Matzo bread.

I agree that Al Jazeera is usually on the wrong side politically.  Here is an article from Reuters:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-south-carolina-antisemitism/south-carolina-passes-bill-to-fight-anti-semitism-on-campus-idUSKBN1I41JC

CHARLESTON, S.C. (Reuters) - South Carolina has become the first U.S. state to pass legislation to fight anti-Semitism on campus, after supporters of the measure said it would help colleges battle discrimination amid growing numbers of such incidents nationwide.

The bill passed the South Carolina House by 86 votes to 4 late on Wednesday. Its sponsor, Republican Representative Alan Clemmons, said its passage showed the state was “leading the fight against anti-Semitism.” Opponents of the measure said they thought it went too far into censoring critics of Israel’s government.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 05:33:56 pm »
Both are trying to come to the Father in a way other than Jesus.  Both can be my political allies or enemies, but I do not believe in either of their religions.  I understand though where you are coming from with the overly pro-Muslim administration of Obama, Trudeau in Canada, Merkel in Germany.  Yes, this disgusts me as well for many of the same reasons why the South Carolina law disgusts me. 

You are aware that Jews are God's chosen people?  As far as we know neither Jesus nor God ever retracted that.  I recommend caution on your part with this issue. 

Kevin J Johnston (Freedom Report.ca) is pending trial in Canada for "promoting hate", may be jailed.  He runs a very entertaining YouTube channel and is a gem.  He is also running for Mississauga mayor against Bonnie Crombie, who is an ass-kisser of Muslims all the way.  They are trying to get him out of the way.  He should be able to say what he wants, and he's not hurting anyone.

Canada does not have a 1st Amendment.  Not sure what this has to do with us.

Now I do get the impression that many Islamic people around the world are beautifully religious people and have high morals.  It is a shame that there is always that part of the religion that influences a percentage of them to do violence to Christians and others.

Islam is a horrible ideology and actively teaches and demands sociopathic behavior.   I have no idea what you mean by "beautifully religious people and have high morals" in the context of islam.

Offline LucasWhite

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 05:41:34 pm »
You are aware that Jews are God's chosen people?  As far as we know neither Jesus nor God ever retracted that.  I recommend caution on your part with this issue. 

Canada does not have a 1st Amendment.  Not sure what this has to do with us.

Islam is a horrible ideology and actively teaches and demands sociopathic behavior.   I have no idea what you mean by "beautifully religious people and have high morals" in the context of islam.

I agree that the Jews are still God's chosen people.  My belief is that they can accept Jesus, but if not they will go the same hell as the rest.  When they do something wrong politically or ethically, I believe in calling them out for it.

Was answering the question about whether I feel the same way about Muslims.

There are many who are influenced by Islam to live a moral life, as opposed to the degenerate life that is sweeping the world.  I would cite Muslim women especially in this regard, although of course I only mean part of them and not all, lots of different implementations of Islam out there.  Now there are others who are motivated to Jihad, and these must be dealt with. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 05:50:44 pm »
...Jews are God's chosen people . . . I recommend caution . . .  with this issue.   

The Israelites were chosen for a mission.  Many believe that mission was fulfilled.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:56:29 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 05:57:46 pm »
I agree that the Jews are still God's chosen people.  My belief is that they can accept Jesus, but if not they will go the same hell as the rest.  When they do something wrong politically or ethically, I believe in calling them out for it.

Well, that is way beyond our pay grade, so I'm not sure why you are worrying about it.  I asked because that is an alt-right concept that I have heard parroted by people with little understanding.

Was answering the question about whether I feel the same way about Muslims.

There are many who are influenced by Islam to live a moral life, as opposed to the degenerate life that is sweeping the world.  I would cite Muslim women especially in this regard, although of course I only mean part of them and not all, lots of different implementations of Islam out there.  Now there are others who are motivated to Jihad, and these must be dealt with.

"Influenced by islam to live a moral life"?   What on earth do you think "moral" means?  Have you read the quran and the hadiths?  Do you have any clue what you are talking about?   

And, how dare you throw women under islam into the mix.  Women are third class creatures under islam and have no rights or value beyond bearing children.  If they live a moral life, it is because they have no options to do otherwise.  Wow. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 05:58:51 pm »
The Israelites were chosen for a mission.  Many believe that mission was fulfilled.

You sure you want to throw in with Lucas?  Might want to rethink that.