Author Topic: Judge rules that Broward Co. officials broke the law by destroying ballots in Wasserman Schultz race  (Read 1068 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A Florida state circuit judge ruled Friday that Broward County elections supervisor Brenda Snipes broke the law and illegally destroyed ballots cast in the 2016 Democratic primary for the seat held by former Democratic National Committee Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Read more at: https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/05/16/judge-rules-that-broward-co-officials-broke-the-law-by-destroying-ballots-in-wasserman-schultz-race
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Defendant’s lack of intent to destroy evidence while this case was pending is irrelevant.

Quick, someone page Comey; there's a lesson in here somewhere.

Offline GrouchoTex

Snipes responded that since she contends that the destruction of the ballots was unintentional and since she made copies of the paper ballots, no violation of Florida law had occurred.

The court disagreed. In its ruling, the court stated: “The constitution grants every person the fundamental right to inspect or copy public records. … Defendant’s lack of intent to destroy evidence while this case was pending is irrelevant.”

Great! Now do Hillary's e-mails, and DWS Awan brothers scandal, Clinton/Lynch tarmac meeting, etc.......

Offline the_doc

A Florida state circuit judge ruled Friday that Broward County elections supervisor Brenda Snipes broke the law and illegally destroyed ballots cast in the 2016 Democratic primary for the seat held by former Democratic National Committee Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Everything about Broward County STINKS.  It was the key county where Gore was almost able to steal the 2000 election through the Chicago-style butterfly ballot fraud (hanging chads and all).  That conspiracy was obviously prepped well in advance, requiring extensive cooperation with local officials.

Wasn't there a famous movie line "Crooked as a Florida election?"

BTW, Janet Reno was Florida's designated prosecutor of election crimes before she became Bill Clinton's AG. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
So what!? We all know nothing will happen.

As long as Sgt. Schultz AG Sessions remains in office, the term 'broke the law' as applied to a Democrat politician has no meaning whatsoever. Nothing will ever happen to any of them. For whatever reason Democrats seem to have some kind of de-facto immunity from prosecution regarding any crime at all. And they know it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

This isn't the same Broward County that has the finest sheriff (self-proclaimed) in the world, is it? *****rollingeyes*****

Offline the_doc

As long as Sgt. Schultz AG Sessions remains in office, the term 'broke the law' as applied to a Democrat politician has no meaning whatsoever. Nothing will ever happen to any of them. For whatever reason Democrats seem to have some kind of de-facto immunity from prosecution regarding any crime at all. And they know it.

A lot of stuff is going on behind the scenes.  Trump has to clean up the FBI first (he has fired a lot of high-level FBI officers, and he and Sessions are going to prosecute most of them); then Sessions and POTUS can clean up the DOJ (they have started that process with forced resignations and recent firings of lots of DAs). 

All of this has to be done first.  The DOJ cannot arrest anyone, so they need a clean FBI.  And even if they got an arrest, the POTUS and Session need to clean up the DOJ to make the prosecutions successful. 

In short, the Swamp is way, way more difficult to drain than most people could imagine.  Eventually, there will be military arrests and military prosecutions of the worst traitors, but it's too earlier for Trump to use the military openly under the two recent EOs.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
A lot of stuff is going on behind the scenes.  Trump has to clean up the FBI first (he has fired a lot of high-level FBI officers, and he and Sessions are going to prosecute most of them); then Sessions and POTUS can clean up the DOJ (they have started that process with forced resignations and recent firings of lots of DAs). 

All of this has to be done first.  The DOJ cannot arrest anyone, so they need a clean FBI.  And even if they got an arrest, the POTUS and Session need to clean up the DOJ to make the prosecutions successful. 

In short, the Swamp is way, way more difficult to drain than most people could imagine.  Eventually, there will be military arrests and military prosecutions of the worst traitors, but it's too earlier for Trump to use the military openly under the two recent EOs.

Thanks @the_doc   It's good to see a sensible, informed post about the matter.  Most of us cannot even fathom how deep the Obama-created corruption goes or how entwined its tentacles are around the FBI.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Millee

I hope you're right.  Lucy's pulled that football away too often for me to have any faith that anything will be done. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

What does this have to do with goof Sessions anyway?  This is a State case, in a state courtroom.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I hope you're right.  Lucy's pulled that football away too often for me to have any faith that anything will be done.

Totally understand @Millee but I still hope things are moving, or at least oozing, in the right direction.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline the_doc

What does this have to do with goof Sessions anyway?  This is a State case, in a state courtroom.

I think the feds will  begin working themselves into cases much like this one.  Trump has argued that election integrity is a matter of national security.  That was his justification for handing off the voting fraud investigation (with the report thereof to be released soon) to the Department of Homeland Security.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think the feds will  begin working themselves into cases much like this one.  Trump has argued that election integrity is a matter of national security.  That was his justification for handing off the voting fraud investigation (with the report thereof to be released soon) to the Department of Homeland Security.

Everything can be a Federal case...while the Leviathan keeps on growing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline the_doc

Everything can be a Federal case...while the Leviathan keeps on growing.

That was sort of my point.  My other point was that attempts to drain the Deep State Swamp may demonstrate that the Swamp is so huge that State/local crooks do pose a serious national security threat even without violating federal laws.   

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Only if someone begins going to jail will any of this be important.  Otherwise, Kabuki theater.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Millee

Only if someone begins going to jail will any of this be important.  Otherwise, Kabuki theater.

Exactly.