Author Topic: Trump expected to cut Planned Parenthood funding through regs  (Read 1661 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump expected to cut Planned Parenthood funding through regs
By Jessie Hellmann - 05/16/18 06:00 AM EDT

The Trump administration may take action to cut federal funding to Planned Parenthood as a result of pressure from congressional Republicans and anti-abortion lobbyists.

Opponents of abortion have launched an all-out campaign urging the administration to bring back Reagan-era abortion restrictions on federal family planning dollars that would target Planned Parenthood.

The regulations would ban organizations that receive family planning dollars under the Title X Family Planning Program, which funds organizations providing services like birth control to low-income women and men, from promoting abortion or referring patients for abortions.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/387876-trump-expected-to-cut-planned-parenthood-funding-through-regs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump expected to cut Planned Parenthood funding through regs
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 03:51:57 pm »
I'll wait to celebrate till Trump actually does it.  Even if he does, I expect lawsuits and a whole lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.  Any regulatory action could be rolled back. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 06:37:22 pm »
Ah, yes...who cares about the legislative branch.  We have regulations and executive orders to bypass the Constitution!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 06:46:44 pm »
Good for Trump, he has already taken many pro-life measures, and I give him my full support versus those who complain, wouldn't give him their vote and expect all of these things to be done as if he can wave a magic wand. Through thick and thin because he's already had the most Conservative agenda in decades.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 06:53:08 pm »
Ah, yes...who cares about the legislative branch.  We have regulations and executive orders to bypass the Constitution!

So are you whining that you want the PP funding to continue until the Congress acts?  Is this your plan?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 07:39:24 pm »
Would be nice if congress would act.  But I think hell will freeze over first before these lard butts in the Capitol would actually give a flying fig and cut the funding. 

The trouble is that when Trump tries to do things by executive order or some other action, he is taken to court and some dunderhead  judge nullifies the order or action. Funny how Obama could rule by decree and he was allowed to get away with it.  But he's a member of the correct ethnicity, so naturally, he could do whatever he wanted.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 07:45:27 pm »

Congress fails to act on Trump's platform - Trumps fault.

Trump attempts unilateral action - Trump's fault.

Conclusion - Trump sucks.

Most of us are less than impressed by this closed loop thought process.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 10:37:03 pm »
So are you whining that you want the PP funding to continue until the Congress acts?  Is this your plan?

No.  I'm not whining.

Regulations should be used to implement the legislative will, not to subvert it.

The President's job isn't to see how well he can undermine the Constitution and Republic, but to uphold them.

What would I want?  A President who didn't throw away the opportunity to get things passed through Congress.  Someone who is a dealmaker, a negotiator with competence. 

I want winning, not the constant stream of consolation prizes we get with Trump.

But the man is a weak, morally and ethically corrupt child, so that's what we get.  But the least he can do is to stop undercutting the Republic.

You asked.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn