Author Topic: Judge Overturns California Law Legalizing Assisted Suicide  (Read 1310 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Judge Overturns California Law Legalizing Assisted Suicide

A California judge has overturned the state’s law legalizing assisted suicide, ruling it unconstitutional.

The judge indicated the legislature improperly passed the state law during a special session that was supposed to be specifically devoted to Medicare funding. The judge ruled that the state legislature should not have approved the assisted-suicide law during that special session because the subject of the law fell outside the grounds of the special session.

Euthanasia activists argued in court that assisted suicide is health care and that made it appropriate for the special session. More than 100 people have killed themselves under the law.

Read more at: http://www.lifenews.com/2018/05/15/judge-overturns-california-law-legalizing-assisted-suicide-rules-it-unconstitutional/

They got them on a technicality, let's hope they can prevent such a law in the future as well.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Judge Overturns California Law Legalizing Assisted Suicide
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 03:27:59 am »
This is Cali.  There is no way this Judge's finding will survive in the Supreme Court of California.  But...fingers crossed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Judge Overturns California Law Legalizing Assisted Suicide
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 03:41:44 am »
A few years ago, I was reading some Canadian news and people commenting on the story, I assume they were Canadians, and maybe they were out trolling for what they believed in, but they were saying comments like "If I'm in some kind of shape with a terminable disease, I hope I can end it" and things like that regarding Canada's assisted suicide type of law.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:42:18 am by TomSea »