Author Topic: Trump to keynote prominent anti-abortion gala  (Read 4026 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to keynote prominent anti-abortion gala
« on: May 14, 2018, 11:02:16 pm »
Trump to keynote prominent anti-abortion gala
by Kimberly Leonard
 | May 14, 2018 03:19 PM

President Trump will keynote a prominent anti-abortion gala next week, the Susan B. Anthony List annual "Campaign for Life," according to the White House.

The event is scheduled for May 22 at the National Building Museum in Washington. Last year, Vice President Mike Pence and senior counselor Kellyanne Conway both spoke at the event.

Raj Shah, White House principal deputy press secretary, said Trump would "discuss the many actions he has taken to protect the lives of the unborn and defend religious liberty."

Conway is set to receive a distinguished leader award at the gala, and House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., is also scheduled to give remarks.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/healthcare/trump-to-keynote-prominent-anti-abortion-gala
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump to keynote prominent anti-abortion gala
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 11:22:44 pm »
They should get Elliott Broidy to do the introduction.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:38:20 am »
They should get Elliott Broidy to do the introduction.

*This* is your first reaction?  Quite a worldview you've got there.   :smokin:

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 10:12:32 am »
*This* is your first reaction?  Quite a worldview you've got there.   :smokin:

No, my first reaction was to guffaw.  This is the same guy who once said he's 'very much pro-choice' and signed an omnibus spending bill that included $500M for Planned Parenthood two months ago.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 10:26:31 am »

No, my first reaction was to guffaw.  This is the same guy who once said he's 'very much pro-choice' and signed an omnibus spending bill that included $500M for Planned Parenthood two months ago.

So, I assume you had the same worldview [contemp] regarding every other (pro life) republican president that funded PP when they signed their own bloated spending bills?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:28:23 am by aligncare »

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 11:15:53 am »
So, I assume you had the same worldview [contemp] regarding every other (pro life) republican president that funded PP when they signed their own bloated spending bills?

Absolutely.  Fiscally, there are few things that actually fall under the purview of the federal government.  The items that have been subject to ‘compromise’ since the days of The New Deal have put us here:

http://www.usdebtclock.org

More to the point of the discussion, defunding PP was a huge priority of CWFA.  They referred to Trump as the most pro-life ever. 

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/trump-the-most-pro-life-president-in-history

Then again, they also said this....

If Donald Trump’s position is to continue funding for Planned Parenthood of America, which receives more than $500 million from taxpayers annually, then he is out of step with pro-life voters.

https://concernedwomen.org/donald-trumps-pro-abortion-past-and-present/

Somebody needs to get their stories straight.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:45:06 am by edpc »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 09:15:58 pm »

@edpc   Maybe you should stop looking up old quotes from Trump and concentrate on what he's actually doing.

I posted a review of a new Trump biography in editorial section.  I think this guy really gets it about Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 09:25:08 pm »
This is an excerpt from Conrad Black's book.  I think he 'gets' Trump.

"In Trump’s rise and fall and rise as a billionaire, Black never whitewashes his ruthlessness, his fast and loose relationship with the truth (e.g., “He is not so much a cynic as a methodological agnostic, not a liar as much as a disbeliever in absolute secular truths”), and his occasionally tawdry P. T. Barnum hawking.

Trump’s friends and critics assure us that his incessant twittering and carnival rally-barking are suicidal. Black is too insightful to settle for such a one-dimensional critique (while often lamenting that Trump’s bluster and rhetorical excess are hurting full appreciation of his otherwise solid accomplishments). Instead, Black sees much of Trump’s targeting as comeuppance and long overdue—given a sanctimonious, corrupt media, and a gatekeeping political class that weakened the country over the last two decades of fiscal, social, cultural, and military irresponsibility.

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 09:29:02 pm »
@edpc   Maybe you should stop looking up old quotes from Trump and concentrate on what he's actually doing.

I posted a review of a new Trump biography in editorial section.  I think this guy really gets it about Trump.

Yeah - I think I mentioned what he did recently by signing the $500M to PP, which was really important to the pro-life group heaping scorn on his pro-choice last, changing their minds after the election, then getting slapped again by reality.  Maybe you should read the links previously posted, instead of trotting out the Clintonesque ‘old news’ excuse when you hear something inconvenient.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 10:27:03 pm »

Yeah - I think I mentioned what he did recently by signing the $500M to PP, which was really important to the pro-life group heaping scorn on his pro-choice last, changing their minds after the election, then getting slapped again by reality.  Maybe you should read the links previously posted, instead of trotting out the Clintonesque ‘old news’ excuse when you hear something inconvenient.

@edpc   I am not doing the 'old news' thing ... I am doing the 'understanding Trump' thing.  If he is now at war for the pro-life movement, I appreciate it.  It's the social issue I really care about.

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 10:33:22 pm »
@edpc   I am not doing the 'old news' thing ...

Maybe you should stop looking up old quotes from Trump

Whatever you say.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 11:42:36 pm »
Having someone fighting for my issues is OK with me, however irreverent and unconventional he is, his hands are on the right levers for the right reasons as far as I’m concerned.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 12:12:26 am »

So, answer this simple question, if Ted Cruz voted for the February budget that funded planned parenthood as well, do you now consider him pro-abortion? If you can't answer that with a simple yes or no, then, your argument is very questionable and of course, no one would consider TC to be pro-abortion.  No one but the fringe.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/budget-deal-gop-and-trump-fully-fund-planned-parenthood

Ryan and the House defunded planned parenthood in February, the Senate though, did not do that.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:17:18 am by TomSea »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 12:15:17 am »
Having someone fighting for my issues is OK with me, however irreverent and unconventional he is, his hands are on the right levers for the right reasons as far as I’m concerned.

The unending mewlings of NTs notwithstanding, I agree.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 12:15:29 am »
Those who bring up that argument would have the whole government shut down over Planned Parenthood,

Every president since Clinton has funded PP, so at the most, Trump is doing no different and those against Trump, actually have a pretty intelllectually disingenuous argument, since Trump did all to try to defund PP, the Senate could not get it done, so what would shutting the government down have accomplished.

No reasonable Pro-Life authority, takes up this "500m argument" seriously. I say, their argument is basically dishonest. You won't find critics at lifenews.com, lifesitenews.com, just opponents of the Prez use this weak argument.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:18:02 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 12:19:43 am »
Concerned Women of America have come out and lauded Trump for what he has done in office on issues such as the pro-life issue,

https://concernedwomen.org/donald-trumps-pro-abortion-past-and-present/

The above cited article is from 2015

Offline TomSea

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 12:22:14 am »
Anyone want to see what is on the opening page of CWA, Concerned Women of America?

https://concernedwomen.org/

Also, I know in the past year, they have lauded Trump on his pro-life acts, do we really need to hunt all of this down?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 12:28:01 am »

November 2017!

“I am so thankful that President Trump kicked off his presidency with the nomination of Justice Neil Gorsuch,” Penny Nance, President of Concerned Women for America (CWA) tells Breitbart News. “CWA was honored to support him and rally for his victory. Gorsuch was a game changer and set the tone and criteria for future administration nominees in both the judicial branch and the executive branch.”

“I’m grateful for his re-shaping of the federal judiciary, a process well underway, and whose fruits will long outlast his Presidency,” Pavone adds as well.

Nance also notes that Trump’s other new additions to the federal courts inspire further hope.

“Loyal constitutionalists continue to be nominated to circuit courts by our president — five more just last week — and I am hopeful and confident that this trend will continue into the new year,” she says.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/23/five-reasons-pro-life-leaders-are-thankful-donald-trump-is-president/

Offline edpc

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 12:55:19 am »
Or we could look at the absolute duplicity of these fraud broads, singling out Congress and giving Trump a pass.  He did not have to sign the omnibus to get the $700B for the military.  That money had already been allocated and signed under another congressional authorization in December 2017.  The omnibus combined multiple spending bills into one.  Vetoing the omnibus would not have negated the previously authorized and signed military spending.  Trump did not veto the bill, because he knew it had a high chance of being overridden, which would have politically embarrassed him.  You were sold out for pride, plain and simple.

The idea no one read it is an absolute lie.  It was debated and negotiated for MONTHS, with the administration legislative team as part of it.  It did not materialize overnight.  The admin knew exactly what would be added at various points of the discussions, since they were party to them.  Here is the CYA - I mean CWA - pathetic attempt to save face and hope people were ignorant (and most are) of what I have written above.

Taking Aim at the Elephant in the Room: Why Republicans Should be Nervous

https://concernedwomen.org/author/pnance/

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 12:58:37 am »
So, answer this simple question, if Ted Cruz voted for the February budget that funded planned parenthood as well, do you now consider him pro-abortion? If you can't answer that with a simple yes or no, then, your argument is very questionable and of course, no one would consider TC to be pro-abortion.  No one but the fringe.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/budget-deal-gop-and-trump-fully-fund-planned-parenthood

Ryan and the House defunded planned parenthood in February, the Senate though, did not do that.

I'd consider him a sellout on that issue and also on the point of fiscal responsibility - something else he's always championed.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 03:20:01 am »

Maybe you should stop looking up old quotes from Trump

Whatever you say.

@edpc   No need to be dismissive.  My point is that Trump was probably indifferent on the abortion thing in the past.  I doubt if he ever thought about it, or maybe he was just naive and thought Planned Parenthood helped women.

But he has great influence now and if he has turned that influence toward getting rid of the pro-abortion forces and planned parenthood, that is a good thing.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 03:22:09 am »
The unending mewlings of NTs notwithstanding, I agree.

I agree.  If Trump can move the sentiment in the country towards banning abortion, I'm not gonna whine about various stuff he's done in the past I didn't like.  What is the point?

Offline edpc

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 03:59:48 am »
@edpc   No need to be dismissive.  My point is that Trump was probably indifferent on the abortion thing in the past.  I doubt if he ever thought about it, or maybe he was just naive and thought Planned Parenthood helped women.

But he has great influence now and if he has turned that influence toward getting rid of the pro-abortion forces and planned parenthood, that is a good thing.

If he really means it, which I find doubtful.  Here's a guy who has spent the majority of his life in NYC, with similar values.  Sorry, but I don't buy into the notion someone with so many opposing political views and multiple affiliations since 2000 had a great awakening in 2015 when he decided to run.  He's never had any real connection to Middle America politically or culturally until he decided to run.  As far as I'm concerned, he's Sealtest, trying to pass himself off as Blue Bell.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 05:01:38 am »

I'd consider him a sellout on that issue and also on the point of fiscal responsibility - something else he's always championed.

Truth.  Time to hold all politicians responsible for their actions regardless of who they are.  A name is a name.  What matters is their actions.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 05:08:43 am »

Funny. My Constitution doesn't say anything about bills originating from the Executive Branch. Mine says they come from the Legislative Branch. Seems to me Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Rand Paul are responsible for funding abortions.