Author Topic: What is Dissociative Identity Disorder?  (Read 456 times)

rangerrebew

What is Dissociative Identity Disorder?
« on: May 10, 2018, 03:03:28 pm »
What is Dissociative Identity Disorder?

By Antonia Stanojević, BA, MA

Dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a complex and chronic psychological condition characterized by alterations of identities and disruptions in consciousness.

The prevalence of DID the general population is less than 1%. Although it is still often referred to as multiple personality disorder, it was re-classified in 1993 as dissociative identity disorder.

According to the latest Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM–5), DID is classified as one of the dissociative disorders, alongside depersonalisation disorder, dissociative fugue, dissociative amnesia, and dissociative disorder not otherwise specified.

This cluster of disorders is characterized by disruptions in the usually integrated functions of consciousness, memory, identity, or perception of the self and the environment.

https://www.news-medical.net/health/What-is-Dissociative-Identity-Disorder.aspx

rangerrebew

Re: What is Dissociative Identity Disorder?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 03:05:22 pm »
This would explain why so many democrats flip flop, the hypocrisy, and the denial of established facts. :woohoo:

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 03:16:09 pm »
Liberals have two sets of rules; one for them and one for you.

One of my friends was 100% opposed to home schooling but ended up doing it because her child missed too many days. Now she is on the school board and still opposed to home schooling.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 03:18:14 pm »

I can relate to that. When I'm on internet forums.