Author Topic: Bob Marley’s Granddaughter Among Women Swarmed by Police at Rialto Airbnb After Neighbor Reported Th  (Read 2083 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bob Marley’s Granddaughter Among Women Swarmed by Police at Rialto Airbnb After Neighbor Reported Them as Burglars

Controversial Police Call in Rialto

At first, Kelly Fyffe-Marshall's stay in Rialto was ending pretty normally. Fyffe-Marshall and her four friends, including a granddaughter of reggae  pioneer Bob Marley, checked out of their Airbnb rental and dragged their luggage to their vehicle.

Then things got weird.

Seven police cars showed up. The neighborhood was seemingly locked down.

Read more at: http://ktla.com/2018/05/07/black-women-swarmed-by-police-while-checking-out-of-airbnb-in-rialto-after-neighbor-reported-them-as-burglars/

Making a bit of a splash in the news today, this is kind of about "racial profiling" or maybe NOT.

Offline dfwgator

Hopefully she didn't shoot the sheriff.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Hopefully she didn't shoot the sheriff.

That's as funny as heck and very witty.

Offline Frank Cannon

This is what happens when jackasses turn their residential houses into motels.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Making a bit of a splash in the news today, this is kind of about "racial profiling" or maybe NOT.

It may not be a "racial profiling" case, but the women and KTLA are certainly playing it that way.   9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is what happens when jackasses turn their residential houses into motels.

Yup.  I was just talking to the Missus about that earlier today.  I don't like the idea of renting our place out, not even a little.  I literally have sheets of currency hanging on my wall, and that's not even the most expensive artwork I have.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yup.  I was just talking to the Missus about that earlier today.  I don't like the idea of renting our place out, not even a little.  I literally have sheets of currency hanging on my wall, and that's not even the most expensive artwork I have.

I'm in the business and the scariest people to me are not my crack head effed up tenants. It's the people I don't know about they let live with them. I stay on alert though because I know they are rentals. Now I come home to my upscale suburban home and expect the people who own the houses around mine to live there. Now I got to worry that one of these jerks is under water and renting their house out hourly to some dirtbag I don't know. If I saw this broad in my neighbors house I would call the cops a raise a stink.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm in the business and the scariest people to me are not my crack head effed up tenants. It's the people I don't know about they let live with them. I stay on alert though because I know they are rentals. Now I come home to my upscale suburban home and expect the people who own the houses around mine to live there. Now I got to worry that one of these jerks is under water and renting their house out hourly to some dirtbag I don't know. If I saw this broad in my neighbors house I would call the cops a raise a stink.

I hear ya.  The house next door to me has been a rental for the 20 years I've lived here, and I've had good ones and not-so-good ones.  It surprised us who were good.  For a year we had four kids who had a rock band finishing up their music degrees, and we really liked them.  They just needed a little guidance at things like pulling the weeds once in a while and bringing in the recycle barrel after pickups.  We have four kids now with motorcycles, and they're actually pretty good.  I think the most trouble we had was a three-generation family of hillbillies. 

Believe it or not, the best was a group of assisted living people.  They had round-the-clock paid staff, and I could count on my house being watched when we were off on vacation.

I got to know the landlord, and he preferred hearing from me to hearing from the cops.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 05:41:35 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

I got to know the landlord, and he preferred hearing from me to hearing from the cops.

I keep good relations with all the neighbors around my units. I have my guys shovel their snow and they all have my direct number for the very same reason. Neighbor disputes can destroy an income property.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
They may have assumed she was homeless. Homeless people are like cockroaches, they will sleep anywhere that is available. I lived in an apartment which had a problem with homeless people 'moving in' to the laundry room. They made it their home. Blankets on the floor, food scattered around. The manager had to roust them out of there all the time. It was open (door was broken and would no longer lock) and indoors, more or less warm, better than sleeping in the park.

The funniest case was at the Texaco. A homeless 'moved in' to their bathroom. He stayed in there for hours and hours. I guess he had the door blocked somehow. When the Cops finally made entry they found that he had made the place like his living room. He was kicked back on the toilet watching movies on a portable DVD player (which was likely stolen). He was at-home, and was not coming out until the Cops dragged him out in handcuffs. I happened to be there when all this was happening and the clerk explained what was going on. He said it happens all the time. I couldn't help but to laugh.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Some friends and I once rented a house in Las Vegas from a couple living in Arizona.  They were trying to sell the house, but at the time  home sales were flat, so until they could sell, they were renting out the Vegas property by the week or month.  The neighbors and the local police were aware that this house was being rented out, so that no one would be startled by strangers coming and going from the property. 

Seems to me this owner should have let his neighbors and the police know what was going on. 

By the way, the house we rented was very nice -- spacious, close to the Strip, had an awesome pool and hot tub-- and the rental for 6 people broke down to $35 a night for each of us.  Can't beat that.

Offline Frank Cannon

By the way, the house we rented was very nice -- spacious, close to the Strip, had an awesome pool and hot tub-- and the rental for 6 people broke down to $35 a night for each of us.  Can't beat that.

You can whittle that extravagant $35 down to zero if you know the tricks. Go through the MLS of cities you want to visit. Find a bank owned that has been on the list for 180+ days. Break in and squat there while you are vacationing.

Offline RoosGirl

You can whittle that extravagant $35 down to zero if you know the tricks. Go through the MLS of cities you want to visit. Find a bank owned that has been on the list for 180+ days. Break in and squat there while you are vacationing.

That's what we did on our last vacation.  The lack of utilities was a bit of a hassle, but worth the reduced cost for a dry place to sleep.