Author Topic: Charges dropped against 62 more bikers in Twin Peaks shootout  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WacoTrib by Tommy Witherspoon 5/8/2018

Felony charges against 62 more bikers in the 2015 Twin Peaks shootout were dismissed Tuesday, the largest of several rounds of recent dismissals.

With the dismissals, less than a quarter of those originally arrested in the Twin Peaks incident are still facing charges.

Judge Ralph Strother of 19th State District Court signed dismissals requested by the McLennan County District Attorney's office for 42 cases Tuesday morning. As in other recent cases, the DA's office stated that it decided to dismiss the cases to focus on "more culpable" defendants.

Tuesday afternoon, 54th State District Judge Matt Johnson signed an additional 20 dismissals, bringing the day's total to 62 cases.

"I was very happy to sign the dismissals," Strother said Tuesday.

More: http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/charges-dropped-against-more-bikers-in-twin-peaks-shootout/article_0180b29d-2ced-5250-b8fe-27fdb4935797.html

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Charges dropped against 62 more bikers in Twin Peaks shootout
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 11:43:37 pm »
The dismissal documents, like those already filed by District Attorney Abel Reyna, said the cases were being dropped to allow investigators to focus on “more culpable” defendants.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Dozens-more-Twin-Peaks-cases-dismissed-482077491.html

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 04:23:52 am »
So, what's the count?  125 dismissals?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 11:10:41 am »
So, what's the count?  125 dismissals?

While the McLennan County District Attorney’s Office has dismissed 117 Twin Peaks cases in recent months, including 62 on Tuesday, prosecutors plan on Wednesday to re-indict those bikers with cases remaining on a variety of charges.

According to sources familiar with the plans, prosecutors will seek to indict some or all of the 38 defendants with indictments still pending on a variety of charges, including riot, aggravated assault, tampering with evidence and felon in possession of a firearm.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/da-s-office-to-re-indict-remaining-twin-peaks-cases/article_8d016040-f70c-5b3f-b46a-911da8d839ef.html

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 11:15:26 am »
And what's being done about the out of control prosecutor and legal system there.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 11:38:54 am »
And what's being done about the out of control prosecutor and legal system there.

Reyna's been under investigation by the FBI for years. No activity so far.  The number of bikers that have filed federal suits is around 130 now.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 01:54:07 pm »

Reyna lost his reelection bid, but that's the only consequence I can see, so far.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 08:30:22 pm »
 Three bikers were indicted on murder charges Wednesday stemming from a 2015 shooting involving police outside a Waco restaurant, including a prominent member of the Bandidos motorcycle club.

The indictment marks the first murder charges in the Texas case and comes just eight days before the statute of limitations runs out. More than 20 other bikers were re-indicted on new charges ranging from rioting to tampering with evidence.

Jeff Battey is among the three Bandidos members charged with murder. His attorney didn’t immediately return a message from The Associated Press.

According to Waco police incident reports reviewed by The AP, Battey, a former Marine, and another Bandido charged with murder Wednesday, Ray Allen, were seen “triangulated” over Matthew Smith, a Cossack who died at the scene from gunshot wounds. The third Bandido member indicted Wednesday was Glenn Walker.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/05/09/murder-charges-2015-texas-biker-shootout-9-dead/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 01:38:46 pm »
Reyna lost his reelection bid, but that's the only consequence I can see, so far.
Whoever took his job needs to go after Reyna in order to restore the integrity of that office.

A lot of innocent citizens were affected by a political stunt.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 01:59:19 pm »
Whoever took his job needs to go after Reyna in order to restore the integrity of that office.

A lot of innocent citizens were affected by a political stunt.

Reyna was only primaried. He remains DA until January.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 02:01:27 pm »
Reyna was only primaried. He remains DA until January.

Any wagers on how likely it is that he'll pay for what he's done?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 02:27:16 pm »
Any wagers on how likely it is that he'll pay for what he's done?

Oh, he'll pay alright. In this life and into the next.