Author Topic: Rush: Trump Exits Iran Deal  (Read 591 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rush: Trump Exits Iran Deal
« on: May 08, 2018, 10:32:25 pm »
Trump Exits Iran Deal
May 8, 2018

RUSH: Looks like that’s the Diplomatic Reception Room. That’s a wild guess. Maybe it actually… Yeah, looks like it is. We’re gonna JIP, we’re gonna Join In Progress when the president comes out and makes his announcement. I have gone out on a limb here, and I have predicted and forecast the president’s gonna pull out of the Iran deal, which will fulfill a campaign promise that he’s made. Whenever he’s talked about the Iran deal, either in the campaign or since being inaugurated, he’s referred to it consistently as one of the worst deals in history.

He talks about the amount of money that was paid to Iran by Obama, $150 billion. And then that pallet filled with cash that was flown over to Iran in unmarked planes and delivered on the tarmac. Ostensibly that ended up being a ransom that was paid for the release of Iranian prisoners, American prisoners that the Iranians were holding. So it would have been really inconsistent if the president had decided to stay in this deal.

He would have had to announce he was staying in it, but only because he wanted to continue to monitor it, make sure it wasn’t taken advantage of. But I think he had to pull out of this. We’ll see. I’m out on a limb here. I haven’t seen… Mr. Snerdley, have you seen any stories where they’re reporting already what Trump’s decision is? Which is weird. You know, hours before the State of the Union they release a transcript. At things like this, there’s always a leak — an intentional leak — that the president is going to announce blah, blah.

Read more at: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/05/08/trump-exits-iran-deal/

Man, was Rush gushing over all of this, with Trump's speech, as if making the decision to withdraw from the treaty was the best thing since sliced bread, well, not that but very momentous, a historical moment.