Author Topic: Exclusive Interview: Ben Carson on Draining the Swamp, Fighting Poverty, and Kanye West  (Read 443 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
"Wood: Coming up on it. What have been the biggest challenges for you at HUD?

Carson: There have been several challenges, but the biggest challenge is when I first came in there were no assistant secretaries or deputy secretaries, so it was like drinking from a fire hydrant every day.

But it worked out OK, and we had some tremendous people—career staff and political appointees—who were able to really step up to the plate and help. But that has worked out extremely well.

Probably one of the things that surprised me the most was how disorganized the financial structure was."

Read more at: https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/04/29/exclusive-interview-ben-carson-on-draining-the-swamp-fighting-poverty-and-kanye-west/
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Carson is one of the few people who I'm truly impressed with what he is doing. It seemed like an out of place role but he took it and ran.

Offline endicom

Carson is one of the few people who I'm truly impressed with what he is doing. It seemed like an out of place role but he took it and ran.

It's good that he's still optimistic about being able to make positive changes. Running into bureaucratic walls would take the starch out of most people.