Author Topic: Fake News, Real and Unreal  (Read 417 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Fake News, Real and Unreal
« on: May 07, 2018, 12:18:21 am »
By Jay Nordlinger
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/fake-news-real-and-unreal/

Maggie Haberman and Michael S. Schmidt are political reporters for the New York Times. They are two of the best in the business. In March, they had a report saying that President Trump was thinking about shaking up his legal team. They said, in particular, that Trump was thinking about adding Emmet T. Flood, a Clinton impeachment lawyer.

Trump went on the attack, saying, “The Failing New York Times purposely wrote a false story stating that I am unhappy with my legal team on the Russia case and am going to add another lawyer to help out. Wrong.” He further said, “The writer of the story, Maggie Haberman, a Hillary flunky, knows nothing about me and is not given access.”

Of course, the story was perfectly true. Trump has shaken up his legal team and brought in Counselor Flood.

I think people should remember that, next time the president cries “Fake News!”

In April, Trump again went after Haberman, saying, “The New York Times and a third rate reporter named Maggie Haberman, known as a Crooked H flunkie who I don’t speak to and have nothing to do with, are going out of their way to destroy Michael Cohen and his relationship with me in the hope that he will ‘flip.’”

By all credible accounts, Trump speaks with Haberman frequently. (Her reports reflect this.) And she is, in fact, one of the leading Trumpologists in the country. As such, she surely saw this tweet coming from a mile away . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline LMAO

Re: Fake News, Real and Unreal
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 11:50:41 am »
By Jay Nordlinger
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/fake-news-real-and-unreal/

@EasyAce

I think what we’re forgetting is people like Donald Trump, and that also includes Bernie Sanders, are entertainers above all else.  Both men know  they can say anything and their supporters will believe them and never question it.

From the article…
 â€œWhen people say “fake news,” they often mean, not fake news, but news that is unwelcome to them.”

I think I’ve been saying this for 20 years but more in the defense of FOX NEWS. When liberals say “FOXNews lies all the time,” what they’re saying is there hearing things that Challenge their worldview. I have a sister-in-law who is to the left that whenever she cannot counteract anything I say, will bring up FOXNews and  Breitbart. I remind her that Donald Trump has the same type of reaction when he hears things he doesn’t like to hear
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:56:50 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy