Author Topic: What Muslim Leaders Say About Islam Dispels the Myth that Jihadists are a "Fringe" Element  (Read 388 times)

rangerrebew

What Muslim Leaders Say About Islam Dispels the Myth that Jihadists are a "Fringe" Element
Monday

The following was originally published in 2010. But the message is just as true today. In fact, it may have become worse.

When we discover some basic facts about Islam, our first impulse is to think, "Surely it's only a small minority of extremists!" But if you've looked into it, and especially if you've read the Quran, you realize the "extremists" are following standard, mainstream Islamic doctrine. That's a real shock when this first dawns on you.

One day when I was reading yet another popular Muslim leader giving a speech and saying something that would be considered "inflammatory rhetoric" if I said it, but that was nothing more than just plain, ordinary Islamic teachings, I thought I should start collecting a list. Here's what I have so far (below), and I hope you to add to it in the comments.

http://www.citizenwarrior.com/2010/10/what-muslim-leaders-say-about-islam.html

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that's it."

- Recep Tayyip Erdogan
(Source: Milliyet, Turkey, August 21, 2007)