Author Topic: US wants Israeli withdrawal from East Jerusalem areas (report)  (Read 655 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US wants Israeli withdrawal from E. J’lem areas - World Bulletin
World Bulletin / News Desk

The U.S. administration will ask Israel to withdraw from four Arab neighborhoods in East Jerusalem, which will likely become the capital of a future Palestinian state, according to an Israeli press report.

Israeli daily The Jerusalem Post reported Friday that U.S. officials had informed Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman about the plan during the latter’s visit to Washington last week.

“The transfer of control over the neighborhoods -- Jebl Mukabar, Isawiya, Shuafat and Abu Dis -- was presented to Lieberman as just one piece of the larger peace plan the administration has been working on over the last year,” the newspaper reported.

Read more at: http://www.worldbulletin.net/headlines/201757/us-wants-israeli-withdrawal-from-e-jlem-areas

The article goes on to say the predictable, this info is not confirmed, plan is still being worked on.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: US wants Israeli withdrawal from East Jerusalem areas (report)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 04:34:43 pm »
This may be coming through the WH from the SA, Jordan, Egypt .... for a Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as the capital.  I doubt the Arab states want to surrender East Jerusalem to Israel.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 04:38:58 pm »
Well there went that brownie point.

Land for peace... two-state solution...

IDIOCY

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 04:54:53 pm »
Trump's likely, the biggest friend Israel has had, maybe ever, at least in a long time. I trust him to find a peace solution despite all the forces arrayed against him.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 04:57:49 pm »
Trump's likely, the biggest friend Israel has had, maybe ever, at least in a long time. I trust him to find a peace solution despite all the forces arrayed against him.

I agree.  I especially like the regional approach to this.  In the end there may be a small Palestinian state but Israel will have stronger bridges to her Arab neighbors and be safer for it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 05:14:37 pm »
I agree.  I especially like the regional approach to this.  In the end there may be a small Palestinian state but Israel will have stronger bridges to her Arab neighbors and be safer for it.

Not according to the prophets. We're setting up to be on the wrong side of 'When they cry peace, peace', and 'Dividing MY land'...  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 11:30:42 pm »
The U.S. administration will ask Israel to withdraw from four Arab neighborhoods in East Jerusalem, which will likely become the capital of a future Palestinian state, according to an Israeli press report.

Sure.  Why should places like Sredot and Ashkelon get to have all the katyusha rocket fun?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.