Author Topic: Full text: Rudy Giuliani issues statement clarifying his earlier remarks  (Read 491 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Full text: Rudy Giuliani issues statement clarifying his earlier remarks

By POLITICO STAFF

05/04/2018 02:26 PM EDT

On Friday, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani issued the following statement clarifying his previous remarks on a payment made to adult film star Stormy Daniels.

This is intended to clarify the views I expressed over the past few days.

These are my views:

First:
There is no campaign violation. The payment was made to resolve a personal and false allegation in order to protect the President’s family. It would have been done in any event, whether he was a candidate or not.

Second:
My references to timing were not describing my understanding of the President’s knowledge, but instead, my understanding of these matters.

Third:
It is undisputed that the President’s dismissal of former Director Comey – an inferior executive officer – was clearly within his Article II power. Recent revelations about former Director Comey further confirm the wisdom of the President’s decision, which was plainly in the best interests of our nation.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/04/full-text-rudy-giuliani-statement-clarifying-his-earlier-remarks-569146
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

"The payment was made to resolve a personal and false allegation in order to protect the President’s family."

Why I generally hate lawyers - but not all lawyers. What "false allegation" did he pay money for? Does anyone really believe he didn't have sex with Stormy and that he offered her stuff in return for it?

Giuliani is throwing his life's work into the garbage heap hitching his wagon to Trump. The trail of wreckage is long and he did it anyway...

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Second:

My references to timing were not describing my understanding of the President’s knowledge, but instead, my understanding of these matters.

“I don't think the president realized he paid him (Cohen) back for that specific thing until we (his legal team) made him aware of the paperwork,” he said.

Giuliani said the president responded, "Oh my goodness, I guess that's what it was for.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/giuliani-insists-trump-wasn-t-aware-stormy-daniels-reimbursement-until-n871291

It must be a surreal trip watching these two riff and gaslight each other.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GrouchoTex

Another perk politicians get that we do not enjoy, out here in the general public:

The ability to say one thing, then come back and "clarify" later.