Author Topic: Israel and Iran on Path to War as Mideast Tinderbox Awaits Spark  (Read 869 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Israel and Iran on Path to War as Mideast Tinderbox Awaits Spark
Bloomberg, May 3, 2018, David Wainer, Donna Abu-Nasr and Henry Meyer

There’s a growing risk that one is about to break out in Syria, pitting Israel against Iran.  The Islamic Republic’s forces are entrenching there, after joining the fight to prop up President Bashar al-Assad. The Jewish state, perceiving a direct threat on its border, is subjecting them to an escalating barrage of airstrikes. Nobody expects those strikes to go unanswered.

The path to escalation is clear, and the rhetoric is apocalyptic. “We will demolish every site where we see an Iranian attempt to position itself,’’ Israel’s Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman told the London-based Saudi newspaper Elaph, adding that the Iranian regime is “living its final days.’’

In Tehran, Hossein Salami, deputy commander of the Revolutionary Guards, said that “100,000 missiles are ready to fly’’ in Israel’s direction, and warned they could bring about its “annihilation and collapse.’’

More:  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-03/israel-sees-iran-war-looming-as-mideast-tinderbox-awaits-a-spark

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Israel and Iran on Path to War as Mideast Tinderbox Awaits Spark
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 06:35:45 pm »
I have no doubt Israel knows what it is doing.  I stand with Israel.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 07:02:06 pm »
The US would likely support Israel, and other Islamic countries would likely stay out of it, some in hopes that Iran's influence and power would be put back inside a box.

The new guy in Saudi Arabia would likely encourage hitting Iran very hard, if need be.

The disruption of world oil markets and supplies, could be critical. $100+ per barrel likely within days of the start. Maybe much higher. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 10:54:38 pm »
"Israel and Iran on Path to War as Mideast Tinderbox Awaits Spark"

Sooner or later, this is a confrontation that must happen.

So... the sooner the better.
Frankly, it should have "happened" already, 'way back in 2008 while Bush2 was president.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 11:01:57 pm »
I remember an open mike ..... something like .....Bomb Bomb Iran.   Just do it.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 11:39:28 pm »
I remember an open mike ..... something like .....Bomb Bomb Iran.   Just do it.

As someone who can remember 1979 hostage taking, and their national celebration,  I for one could care less if Iran is bombed back into the Stone Age.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 11:52:13 pm »
As someone who can remember 1979 hostage taking, and their national celebration,  I for one could care less if Iran is bombed back into the Stone Age.
I remember when Steve Dahl called the KFC in Iran and ordered 52 meal to be delivered to the US consulate. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 11:52:53 pm by The Ghost »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 12:00:12 am »
I remember when Steve Dahl called the KFC in Iran and ordered 52 meal to be delivered to the US consulate.

LOL, that's cool.
I remember the hostage crisis, but I don't remember that.
Times have changed.
I figure an Islamic country would probably torture or kill American prisoners now.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 12:02:35 am »
LOL, that's cool.
I remember the hostage crisis, but I don't remember that.
Times have changed.
I figure an Islamic country would probably torture or kill American prisoners now.

I was working In Chitown then.  The call was hilarious.  Much better than his Disco Destruction party at Chominsky.  That was a mess

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 12:29:58 am »
I'm pretty much an anti-war type of guy.  Sure, there are times when it is necessary, but I think too often we jump in too soon, and I don't like the fact that our boys and (now) girls ALWAYS have to be out in front.  I have friends who are originally from Iran.   I know there are lots of good people there.

But if there's any country that could be nuked right off the face of the planet without me losing an instant of sleep, it's the Great Satanic Theocracy of Iran.  Preferably during a visit by a peanut farmer.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 12:33:42 am »
I'm pretty much an anti-war type of guy.  Sure, there are times when it is necessary, but I think too often we jump in too soon, and I don't like the fact that our boys and (now) girls ALWAYS have to be out in front.  I have friends who are originally from Iran.   I know there are lots of good people there.

But if there's any country that could be nuked right off the face of the planet without me losing an instant of sleep, it's the Great Satanic Theocracy of Iran.  Preferably during a visit by a peanut farmer.

Yep.  Light their fire. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 01:03:40 am »
Not only will it happen, it was predicted thousands of years ago and we know the outcome.
The Republic is lost.