Author Topic: Russians fleeing a bad situation  (Read 578 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Russians fleeing a bad situation
« on: May 04, 2018, 03:24:35 am »
Russians fleeing a bad situation
The Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

People are leaving Russia.

That’s not disinformation. It’s not fake news. It’s not a Western campaign to demonize the Russian Federation and its leadership.

It is simply the truth.

Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty reported this week asylum applications by Russian citizens in the United States hit a 24-year high in 2017, jumping nearly 40 percent from the previous year and continuing an upward march that began after Vladimir Putin began his second run as president in 2012.

Read more at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/3/russians-fleeing-a-bad-situation/

Offline LucasWhite

• IMDEX.org - Image-based Encyclopedia
Re: Russians fleeing a bad situation
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 03:42:39 pm »
That is good news for Russia. Putin kicked the Jehovah's Witnesses out and now apparently some others who do not live well are leaving.  The bad news is for those of us who live in the US.  We will have more of these types polluting our localities.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 04:28:16 pm »
That is good news for Russia. Putin kicked the Jehovah's Witnesses out and now apparently some others who do not live well are leaving.  The bad news is for those of us who live in the US.  We will have more of these types polluting our localities.

We have a Baptist Church that is full on Sundays with Russians, it's an exclusively Baptist Church for those who use the Cyrillic language, I'm sorry, one would speak up for the Russian Kleptocracy.

Offline LucasWhite

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 07:27:30 pm »
We have a Baptist Church that is full on Sundays with Russians, it's an exclusively Baptist Church for those who use the Cyrillic language, I'm sorry, one would speak up for the Russian Kleptocracy.

This is very interesting.  Of all the denominations, I probably relate most to the Baptists.  I am not saying that all Russians who immigrate to the US are undesirable, but I do not care much for the typical Russian political opposition against Putin.

Putin has been the defender of Christianity since he took office.  His methods are questionable, but he gets results.  Chechen Wars, legal action against defamers of the Church, works well with Church leaders in Russia, law against homosexual propaganda aimed at kids, keeps Bashar Assad in power instead of less accepting Muslims, shuts down every office of Jehovah's Witnesses.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 07:32:42 pm by LucasWhite »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 07:34:10 pm »
DFW disappears and this new guy shows up, you had me going, you really did!   :rolling:

Offline LucasWhite

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 07:45:45 pm »
DFW disappears and this new guy shows up, you had me going, you really did!   :rolling:

Oh come on, I'm much more handsome than DFW, whoever that is.